oh, i'm a pioneer and jehovah gave me $10 for gas

by monophonic 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• monophonic
    monophonic

i'm drawing a huge blank.

there was a thread here a while back on the bogus experiences at the assemblies about how jehovah stepped in just when a pioneer has $0, and oh, boy, were we blessed.......yet whenver bad things happen, even when praying for help, like someone gets killed, the 'we put in 75 hours of service and jehovah fed us' theory turns idiotic.

anyone remember that thread...or wanna give me some word power over those pathetic experiences....just got one via email from a relative and really want to throw back a doozy to make him think.

yours in the undroning,
    mono

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

While I was a newlywed pioneer, poor obviously, I had one check to pay for gas. I filled it up but by some miracle it only took $4.00 to fill it. The handle kept clicking off. Jehovah helped me!!!!

I had a car group on a busy street in SLC, Utah. And the CAR RAN OUT OF GAS!!!!!!! A kind worldly stranger bailed me out.

momz

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I ate a Big bowl of Chili!..Eating Fast..And..Jehovah gave me Gas!.....Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• monophonic
    monophonic

if jehovah really answered the prayers of 'his people' and the jws were 'his people', wouldn't they have been saved from concentration camps? depression? suicide?

no, then he was letting them be tested, but not more than they could endure.

and a f*&king pioneer needs gas money. stop pioneering and work.

a friend of mine from years ago who is no longer my friend was having huge financial problems, his credit cards were maxed and his wife was pioneering. i told him to get his wife to work instead of pioneer. i may as well have told him to join the church of satan.

" You're like a victim - you love to be a victim.
    You love the United States prime time victim show.
    Hey, bells, helicopters, machine guns.
    Listen to that! Listen to that!
    Kill for Allah. Kill for Jesus."

old Revolting Cocks* song. BTW, Ministry is doing their last tour ever in spring.

*for the ultra sensitive, Revolting Cocks is a band and refers to the bird not the, you know.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I agree with you 100%. When I stopped pioneering and worked, things got better.THEN when hubby left the borg things got 1000% better. He worked long hours and sacrificed but it is paying off. And I haven't had to work in years.

momz

• Confession
    Confession

Hey Monophonic...

Here's a thread I started that touches on this subject...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/126641/1.ashx

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

There once was a little witness boy who was deeply devout and spiritual and stuff. He would pray and pray that the nasty man would stop molesting him, and he even told people who never believed that such a horrible thing could be happening. So he got baptized so that Jehober would listen to him more, but even then he prayed and he prayed and nothing ever changed. So he finally got away from the nasty man and never went back to that crazy cult. And he never played hookie again. The end.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What is going to happen to those pioneers that are scrimping on work now when they get older? I know of one family that cut way back so they could all pioneer. They are making stories about how they saved enough in income taxes to make it work, and that they cut cable and other unnecessary expenses to make it work (so much for them ever becoming members on this forum).

What they don't know is that, when they get older, their Social Security benefits are going to get a lot smaller. When they cut back on work, not only did their income tax shrink but their base for Social Security. When they retire, they are going to find that they have nowhere enough money to make ends meet. They are going to be destitute, and I am not going to give them even a penny toward gas so they can continue pioneering. (After they told me to just meet other men at the a$$emblies on more than one occasion, I am actually hoping that they run into financial hardship.)

This is going to be a very common problem. Jehovah never provides enough so that the person can sustain a standard of living that is acceptable in the area. Just enough to bumble from one crisis to the next, always in a state of crisis. And, with all the money going into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, there is going to be a lot less of these "miracles" (along with the pedophile expose on NBC last week). I bet there are going to be a lot less people giving money to those spreading this bad news. And then the illusion that Jehovah Tyrant is taking care of His people is going to vanish.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I have a funny story along these lines.

I was pioneering at the time. Well one Friday I decided to skip service and do some things that I actually wanted to do (how selfish). Well don't you know on the way home that afternoon I wrecked my car! Then as I was pulled off to the side of the rode two girls that where out in service stopped by to see how I was.

I just knew Jehovah was punishing me for my selfish behavior!!!

;)

• somegirl
    somegirl

I confessed to an elder of something I did and it so happened to be on a meeting night that I did wrong and the elders response was "well if you were at meeting that wouldn’t have happened see how it is a protection for us."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit