Are there any other forums on the web like this one?

by Gringa 18 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There are a number of smaller forums, but none that are comparable in size and orderliness to this one. H2O is pretty much ancient (I see far fewer references to that than when it was in its prime).

• Gringa
    Gringa

Neither of us have felt the need to be incognito but we all know that user names can change depending on the site we are on. I have looked at the membership list and it is so vast, it is overwhelmning to me. I am sure that he was here. Perhaps studying more than posting.

He was on a mission to debunk our mom and get her out of the JWs. When he died, my mom was so happy when we found piles of W&A magazines and a number of books in his home. She knew that he was still interested and studying The Truth. She now knows that he will be with her in the New World. I didn't have the heart to tell her the real Truth....

Whether I find Lee here or not has no longer become my goal. From reading this site, I am gaining greater insight into myself and why I am the way I am. Fiercely independant and shy away from anyone who trys to control me in any way. Why I have ZERO fear of death. That others, too, where silently going through the same things I was and they, too, became self destructive. Why I was so wild when I walked away. I am sure I will discover other things about me. I am now here for me.

I am amazed when I read threads here at the power the JWs hold over people. How hard it is for them to walk away. I struggled with some it, too. The guilt was my biggest trip. But, it seemed easier for me than others. I guess it is because I saw 1975 come and go and NOTHING happened. I had walked away 1 year prior but I still believed. I was tired of the control. I knew I was not going to survive Armageddon. I made a concious decision to die. I decided that Paradise Earth under the control of this mean, hateful G-d was not where I wanted to spend eternity. It sounded like a horrible place. So, as the fall of 1975 approched, I was ready - and then, big fat NOTHING! LOL Wow, truthfully, it took me a couple of years to really open my eyes and realise that is was all a farse.

I just shake my head at people who join this cult after all the false prophocies. Afterall, I was born into it and was brainwashed from birth, perhaps while still in the womb. I remember my mom being pregnant with my little brothers and she would read the W&A to them...... I am amazed at how the JWs spin and twist their history and how people get sucked into it - go figure!

Thank you, all. This is an amazing place. You all seem to be so tolerant of each other and the vast beliefs we have all formed since leaving.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Good luck on your search Gringa, it's possible he was here but it is just so huge. The internet is a huge place.

Did you try looking on his computer? I'm sure the sites he visited would have been saved in his internet files.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Gringa, something that I thought about today, I write down my I.D.'s and passwords in an address book, by my computer. I know it was suggested to look on his computer in a file, for passwords etc. I wouldn't know how, and I can reference all I need in seconds. I try to use several passwords and ID's.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

if you have access to his email, couldn't you use the password retrieval feature of forums?

Key in his email address, and if he hand an account here, it will forward the information to you.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

If you knew some of his aliases, you could do a Google search and see what it throws for you - a long shot, I know but maybe worth trying?

• Gringa
    Gringa

Wow - great suggestion - not sure how to go about it but yes, I figured out his email password and yes, I have access to it - I'll go and try and figure out what itto do!!!!! THANKS!!!! I let everyone know.

• Gringa
    Gringa

OK, well sad news. I sent the requestin for password retrieval on both of his email accounts and it appears he did not have an account here. Frankly, I am surprised. But, anyway, I can at leaset stop searching here and just enjoy the forum for myself!

Thanks to everyone for your ideas, suggestions and help!!!!

Gringa {{{{{{{{{{{U}}}}}}}}}}}}

• hubert
    hubert
    The guilt was my biggest trip.

Gringa, If you still feel pangs of "guilt" for leaving the Tower, pick up a copy of "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz.

After reading that book, all guilt will have been removed.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit