I Haven't Missed a Meeting in Years!

by Oubliette 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Love it Oub! Well done. I do not miss meetings either! Funny side effect from sitting in boring meetings for my entire childhood is at work in meetings I immediately zone out when they become boring. It's a survival habit that leads to me missing things! Oops.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Good job on your response.

As far as "missing" meetings goes, my wife and comment all the time that we haven't missed going to meetings at all - not a single bit, and that we can't imagine going back - even if we believed it all. The meetings were a total waste of time. We would waste three or more hours that we could have used really learning something or doing something constructive or just goofing off or relaxing, for that matter.

The irony is that JWs probably think that we want to be at meetings, but that we're just weak and distracted.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Love it! You just made our Sunday morning!

We'll be having dinner with a old JW friend soon. Tucking this one away for possible use.

om

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Puzzled and completely caught off-guard, he sheepishly said, "Well, no. I do miss the occasional meeting,

Image result for how the mighty have fallen

• Giordano
    Giordano

It's when you stop attending meetings and FS that you actually gain 20 to 30 hours a week to do what you want, study, start a second business, go back to school, do more with the family.

80 to 120 productive hours a month.......for the rest of your life.

• steve2
    steve2

Oubliette - you da man. Peter Zahut, I love your response to those who said they missed you.

At one level it is nice to know people miss you; but at another it is damn annoying because it is used in the service of manipulating you into feeling the need to explain yourself and/or ensure you get to all meetings.

Ah, the human need to manipulate fellow humans - on the surface, so lovely but underneath, so annoying.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator
    That's the most perfect response ever. "You don't owe me an explanation" I wonder if he'll catch on.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Well congratulations on you perfect meeting nonattendance and 100% not missing a single one! May you enjoy many many more years of freedom from such nonsense and any accompanying remorse.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sometimes I think that one of the most fun ways of f**king with still-in JWs is Westboro-style shock treatment; just full-on rabid WT ideology taken to its logical batshit-crazy extreme.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh that's perfect! I'm going to use it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit