Wanted to say hi

by digderidoo 9 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Hi everyone,

I used to visit this site on many occasions a few years ago. In fact i was just lookin at some old posts which were dated back to 2001. Doesn't time fly?

This site really was a tool to help me comin to terms with myself as an individual, but at the same time there were many people who were angry with the WBTS which in turn made myself angry with certain elements of the organisation and the way i was brought up.

I have not gone back to any meetings since i last visited although just lately i have considered the spiritual aspect to life and have been waying up the pros and cons of attending a meeting. Which i suppose is why i have decided to revisit the site.

I'd like to say hello in particular to anyone who remembers me and hope you are all doing ok and also to all the new people this site has attracted.

Yours Paul aka digderidoo

• changeling
    changeling

Hello and welcome back!

changeling

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome back Paul Good to see your return..As you know I was here back then with you also. Many years ago.

I am sorry your thinking of returning to the Kingdom Hall. I was one for 25 years & nearly killed my self when they ousted me ( didnt believe in 1914) but I am SO greatful they did kick me out.Because what I NOW know about the lies makes me sick to think I taught them to 10 people some of them died with that teaching.
    I know that MY GOD ( The Creator) examines hearts & not religions but I think your heart will become heavy if you return to mind control that is all it is
    Mouthy ((((HUGS)))

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

What mouthy said. Including " W E L C O M E "

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Thanks changeling and mouthy. Dont get me wrong mouthy i dont know whether i will attend a meeting or not. But i do feel God is there, whether that is Jehovah, Allah or any of the others out there. I have even thought about attending a pentecostal meeting at a local church.

Just thoughts about the spiritual aspects at the moment.

• Gringa
    Gringa

There are a million places to get close to G-d... like a mountain top, an ocean shore, a small child....you don't need the JWs to do that. I, for you, do not believe that G-d resides in the KH. I believe that the KH is everything in direct opposition to G-d.

My G-d is truly a loving G-d and would never hang the fear of everlasting death over ANYONE'S head. My G-d loves you no matter what you believe, as he created all of us - either through creation or evolution, why would he punish us for being his creation? Frankly, that would be a cruel joke. The fear that the JWs use is merely mind control and I hope you can find your spirtual side in places far more spiritual that the KH.

Sorry to be so outspoken but I sense you are here to hear what you already know in your heart or why would you be reaching out at this time in your life?

For goodness sake, THINK man! THINK!!!!

Gringa

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

May I suggest a book to help you on your journey?

The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle

purps

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Paul,

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

purps..that book is hurting my head ...probably not the right time for me to read it..either that or I have ADD and have no patience for stopping and pausing at the little symbol and meditating every other page as recommended by the author....

but I agree it is probably the perfect book in this case...2 million buyers can't be wrong...can they?

Snakes ()

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Thanks for your comments and welcomes.

Checked up that book on net purps thanks. Read a few books over the years with similar content and tend to lean towards that way of thinking. Really do believe we have to make the most of the time we have.

Correct me if i'm wrong but looks as though the book is loosely based on buddhist philosophy?

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit