Would YOU Like To Continue Having The Watchtower Summary???

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

As you know, Blondie took a hiatus due to illness and she is still not at 100%. Watchtower scans are needed now since they are not easily available.

Would anyone be interested in helping here?

Is the Watchtower Summary, as Blondie has developed it, still of interest here???

• changeling
    changeling

Frankly, I'm not a big fan of the summary. But that may be because I'm relatively a new fader and I can't stomach the WT. I'm sure others feel differently.

I also think it's a huge time investment on the part of the " conductor". Didn't we leave all that behind when we left? Why should you be burdened with an "elder priviledge" now that you are free?

changeling

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Because of the kool-aid edition I am actually interested now more than ever.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Yes! I'm not computer savvy enough to be of any help, ( only by way of some responses I may make ). The way V and you did it was good enough. I think that there is much support with the responses that we get after "Comments" is posted that it should continue. Especially now that the society has a "For Your Eyes ( he rank and file ) Only Edition".

Blueblades

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Also, isn't " Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom" suppose to be the theme of the watchtower. When was the last time we saw a meatier edition on this theme?

It seems to me that all they write about now in the study articles has nothing to do with announcing Jehovah's Kingdom. With the special edition, for your eyes only rank and file studies, it seems to me that all they do is berate the friends into submission.

Do more, your not doing enough, stop missing meetings or else, the end is very ,very near , sooner than you think. We are not annoucing Jehovah's Kingdom anymore just get with the program type studies. No more meat, only pablum.

We have to sift through the pablum to bring out the meat of what is not being said. So, yes, let's keep it going.

Blueblades

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

I will love to continue the discussion of the WT study. :)

• blondie
    blondie

I could do it it I could get scans of the articles so I can add material and post it. Perhaps V will be willing to go back to our previous relationship.

Blondie (feeling better enough to do a post of the material and some brief comments depending on the audience to fill in.

• Gill
    Gill

I like the WT 'study'! I like to know what baloney all my extended family are taking into their heads on a Sunday as it gives me a clue to what is behind their bizarre and ever bizarrer behaviour!

I think if they all ceased to be dubbies my interest might wane, but since that is never likely to happen, they are all well and truly indoctrinated, I suppose my interest will continue.

Secretly, I fear their being pressured into doing something really stupid (not that they aren't doing something stupid now) but..I think you know what I mean and it does help to have an intelligent analysis especially since it appears that the Kool Aid editions are starting as they mean to go on. They are a little concerning to say the least!

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I have found them very useful in my fade.. I dont currently have the study articles, but do have children who attend the meeting, my oldest has recently enjoyed some discussions with me over why I dont believe.

I wonder if I can get an study article on the pretense of him studying it ready for the meeting, then I can go through it with him and point out things for him to think about? This way I should be able to scan one in also.

Let me know if I can help.

Poppy

• Mulan
    Mulan

I never look at it, but realize some like it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit