Christmas commercials

by Hortensia 18 Replies latest jw friends

• PEC
    PEC

I have been sworn to secrecy. Hint, right click the smiley and select properties.

Philip

• Trygon
    Trygon

Ahhhhhh, Christmas. Among the greatest times of year, and not just for Christians. For everybody. Soooo, when is everyone putting up their trees? I am thinking next weekend for me.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I absolutely loathe the Jared's commercials! I've told my fella not to buy me anything from them, just on principal.

Trygon- I was hoping to set up our tree yesterday, but we got involved with cleaning out the garage instead. Hopefully, tonight's the night!

• blondie
    blondie

Hortensia, I was saying that very thing to my husband about the commercials. I tape my tv shows so I just zoom on through, it helps.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Oh, and that Rachel Ray who's always going on about Dunkin' Donuts; I'm getting pretty tired of her saying "delish" and prattling on about gingerbread donuts.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I hate the Argos advert in the UK because the tune is totally stuck in my head already (Its beginning to look a lot like christmas).

And does anyone else think it was filmed in Edinburgh? Ive only been once so I could be wrong.

Oh and weve got a whole host of crappy christmas tune CD's out - yes theyve all got Slade on them, jeez that man can retire off the back of that song.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Well, Rachel Ray, yuck. did you know there's a website called ihaterachelray.com? or ther ewas - I haven't checked in a while. I hate her jargon and her bubbly attitude and she is SO loud. Oh well, I'm not putting up a tree. I'm moving instead, from an 1800 square foot house to a 800 square foot apartment, so I have some serious downsizing to do, don't need any clutter at the moment. I feel in some ways it is a sentence of doom - it's a senior complex!!! Noooooooooooooo, I can't be that old!!!!!! I'm not even 60 yet!

• bem
    bem

I agree with the commercials being overdone, but I gotta say I do so want one of those computers the gal in the Overstock .com commercials has, where she types in what she's looking for and whaala' it appears in her house or around her neck!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

yes, clearly we need more advanced technology - see it - want it - get it NOW!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit