Opportunity knocked ... she slammed the door in it's face!

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

Snakes,

I was NEVER that crazy. I married my non-JW fiance. It was one of the things that helped me get out.

The elders taught the women that they should kiss thier husband's feet, THEN tell me to lie to my hubby about field service and stuff.

He didn't want me to use our car as a service car group car AND he didn't want me going from door to door ALONE. One time an elder insisted I do both. I just went out in service less and less, missed more weekend meetings since my non-JW liked to go out of town on the weekends, etc.

But to get back to the point, NO, I was NEVER that crazy. No one is going to tell me who I can or can not marry. That is so stupid.

But then I wonder if that's why WE get out. WE would not allow our lives to be that controlled. ??

I also think I did not tend to confuse God with the religion. They are not one in the same.

sacrebleu

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I agree with Gary, he must have been wearing his luck socks/shorts whatever that day. She is definitely captive of a concept and with noway out if she never uses her head. Looks as if she got her hubby on the bounce, she settled for a mindless drone and gave us einstein (in comparison that is). Now she regrets it she is just trying to make you feel bad about not being invited to her wedding (big deal), or maybe she wishes it was you had married. Hence, she didn't want you there because she knew she was making a mistake.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Looks as if she got her hubby on the bounce, she settled for a mindless drone and gave us einstein (in comparison that is). Now she regrets it she is just trying to make you feel bad about not being invited to her wedding (big deal), or maybe she wishes it was you had married. Hence, she didn't want you there because she knew she was making a mistake

Actually Buffalosfree, we were both single at the time of this conversation. She had no hubby, or wedding. She is still single today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit