Opportunity knocked ... she slammed the door in it's face!

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Check out this conversation I had with a "sister"

Sister : T he last man i loved proposed to me. He offered me everything he had.

FFM: A nd what happened?

Sister: I had to tell him no. H e didn't love Jehovah, so there was no way he could really love me. T hat was almost 2 yrs ago, but I still think about him. W hen I drive past certain places, memories pop up. H onestly I still have love for him, but I don't want him.

----------------------------------

Does she really sound to you like she doesn't want the guy? (sigh) When will they learn? Once again JWism disrupts a family ... that hasn't even started yet!

• garybuss
    garybuss

The guy must have been wearing his lucky shorts.

• JK666
    JK666

Poor guy, it sounds like she would have been a little slice of heaven!

JK

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Remember that "suffering for the cause" is a typical way members of these types of groups are able to build status. Wouldn't be surprised if she got an assembly part out of it.

• JH
    JH

I wonder if she is happy in her religion...

A Circuit Overseer once said, check the brothers and sisters who knock at doors, they are the ones to marry....

• *summer*
    *summer*
    T hat was almost 2 yrs ago, but I still think about him. W hen I drive past certain places, memories pop up. H onestly I still have love for him, but I don't want him .

A concept very difficult to understand.

She seems to be trying to convince herself.

*summer*

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

When I had my "awakening" as a JW, I decided to end my relationship with my girlfriend. She was a diehard JW and there was no way I was going to be able to get her out. Her family was on the fast track to theocratic prominence and opposed our relationship from the start. They wanted a more theocratic type for her. Well, they got their wish. Despite the fact that I never contacted her again, she never stopped calling me every few months, and I broke up with her about four years ago. In fact, I got a phone call from her a few months ago. She told me she had gotten married and forgot to invite me. She insisted that she would have invited me had she remembered to, but she simply forgot all about me and for some reason felt the urge to call to inform me of this. I'm sorry, but who forgets all about their exes? I was her second boyfriend and she married the next guy after me. She's probably trying to fool herself into thinking that she loves the guy she ended up marrying, but I've got a funny suspicion that she wishes things had worked out with me. Oh well.

• flipper
    flipper

FREQUENT FADER- Let me get this straight . This religiously cult controlled woman says, " Honestly, I still have love for him, but I don't want him. " Sounds like she's really in tune with her feelings LOL! Sounds like a disingenuous statement on her part. But I know, she is really having an affair with Jehovah, he'd get jealous. Now I get it

• monophonic
    monophonic

yep, God plans on murdering him any day now, any minute, and we can stand over his dead, wicked body and if he has a nice house we can claim it as our own after armageddon.

/ sarcasm.

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

What a lucky break for the guy.

sacrebleu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit