Hi, like to introduce myself.

by The Nothing Man 59 Replies latest jw friends

• The Nothing Man
    The Nothing Man

Hi. Ex witness of 20 years here. By the grace of God (or something anyway) I managed to get out.

I visited this forum about 5 years ago and noticed the U.N. issue. I just came home one night from the thursday night meeting and decided to look the Witnesses up online. It played on my mind for quite some time, but after making a robust decision to 'please Jehovah', I studied hard and just buried my head in the sand. The only problem was, I left my naked butt sticking in the air, and continued to have niggling doubts about the whole thing.

Came to a head about 9 months later when I brought Crises of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom. Went on to read a lot of other works and became heavily into religion in general, doing full circles - belief in Jesus - yes, no, maybe and back again. Similar kind of thing to the so-called Faithful Slave really.

Spent the past few years trying to adapt to the outside world. I feel like Red after his release from Shawshank. Even worse, Brooks - but only sometimes. Still find it hard to socialize with people. Never really had many close friends in the Witnesses but those I did have all left me like a shot when I started asking uncomfortable questions. Subsequently I have spent a lot of time on my own, reading through lots of works as I mentioned earlier. Heard a lot of crazy theories too, but I'll save them for some other time.

Turns out I was one of the lucky ones, I know a lot of people still have family in the Witnesses and are watching as the loving Borg tears it all apart. My thoughts are with all of you people, and to all those who to this day are victims of the Borg. I hope I can add some valuable input here from time to time, and I will try my best to listen and maybe offer and friendly helping hand.

Well, that's me. I am The Nothing Man. Nice to meet you.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Hello nothing man .

Being free is no easy task and the question of what to believe is one which burns in the heart of all humans.

Looking within, to your heart as it is, will always be the best place to look , for me anyway.

I agree ,by the grace of God (or a reasonable facsimile therof) L

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well right off the bat sweetie!!! I am granny on board & you are NOT>Well, that's me. I am The NothingMan. Nice to meet you.
    Change your name. I am so glad you came back ....Yes It is pure hell trying to find out where we belong when we leave the WT ( in my case I was kicked out) but let me tell you my love I think your a REAL SOMEBODY!!!!!!

We need all the EX JWS on here maybe one day my kid will search the internet & find me her Mother who she must shun/
    But I believe Jesus died just for you my love ( & me!!!! & anyone else that needs ransoming. ((((HUG))

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Welcome aboard Nothing Man,

You are right.

You are one of the lucky ones. I know many who are trapped inside - and miserable for it.

Rejoice in your reality!

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Peace,

The Oracle

• *summer*
    *summer*

Welcome, Nothing Man...

From what I read, you are so much more than a Nothing Man.

You have so much to share.

And you will find great friends here.

*summer*

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Welcome to the forum!

I got out of the organization almost a year and a half ago and was lucky to have no family in (but my wife did). It can be one heck of a trip. Glad you finally figured it out. I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Well right off the bat sweetie!!! I am granny on board & you are NOT>Well, that's me. I am The NothingMan. Nice to meet you.
    Change your name. I am so glad you came back ....Yes It is pure hell trying to find out where we belong when we leave the WT ( in my case I was kicked out) but let me tell you my love I think your a REAL SOMEBODY!!!!!!

We need all the EX JWS on here maybe one day my kid will search the internet & find me her Mother who she must shun/
    But I believe Jesus died just for you my love ( & me!!!! & anyone else that needs ransoming. ((((HUG))

Amen.

BTW, Mouthy was kicked out for presumptously disagreeing with the Faceless Diseased Slave about 1914.

I was kicked out because I vocally condemned the Faceless Diseased Slave for saddling up and riding on the back of the UN without telling the JW's.

• The Nothing Man
    The Nothing Man

Don't wish to single posters out here, because I appreciate all of your lovely comments equally. I will say though that Mouthy, I have noticed you on this board for the years I have frequented it and your level headed, wise and genuine approach is a credit to the board. There are a lot of hypocrites out there, but you obviously take the words of Jesus to heart. THANK YOU

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

welcome!

• JK666
    JK666

TNM,

Welcome to JWD!

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit