Why Are Jehovah's Witnesses NOT "The Truth"???

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Peace to you!

Yes, they do say that, don't they? They also mention the verse where some will say, "Lord, Lord, didn't we... such-and-so... in your name?" to which my Lord will respond, "Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness. I... never knew... you."

True, they apply this to everyone else but themselves, but that's what hypocrites usually do. They are to be pitied, then, for although they say they "see"... they are actually among the MOST blind of the blind. May JAH forgive them... and help them, as the"y are still our brothers and sisters in the flesh, and once called us brothers and sisters in spirit.

God does not want ANY to die, dear Minimus... and, so, nor should we. Hopefully, WE have not maintained so much of their unkind, unloving and unmerciful "baggage" so that we are still like them, hating our brother... whom we have seen... while saying we love God... whom we have not seen. Hopefully, WE have not become the very hypocrites we despise, hating those who are not "like" us... who are "not of our sort"... who do not think and believe and view things as we do... yet, claiming to be free. Hopefully, WE... are able to CONQUER... and PROVE that we are sons of our heavenly Father... by LOVING... even our enemies... including these.

If we have not, if we still harbor hatred and animosity... against anyone who doesn't think, speak, believe, or view things as we do... then we are NOT free: we are STILL in slavery... bondage... to our own small, puny minds... and hearts:

"You heard it was said that you must love your neighbor and hate your enemy. However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those persecuting you, that you mau PROVE yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. For if you love those loving you, what reward do you have? Are not the tax collectors doing the same thing? And if you greet your brothers only, what extraordinary thing are you doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? YOU must accordingly be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

TRUE perfection, dear Minimus, is not manifested in the manner that these believe (i.e., perfect flesh, clean houses, shiny bookbags, pristeen "field service" records, years "in the truth," etc.). It is manifested in the ability to CONQUER... overcome... hatred... with love. It is easy to love one's family and friends, those who love us. One conquers, however, when one can love... truly LOVE... even one's enemies (those who do not think, speak, believe and view as we do).

When these learn this lesson... they will be set free... for they will then be following the TRUTH... and TRUTHFULLY call him "Lord," he who they now lyingly claim to follow.

Again, I bid you peace!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

1) Time has overrun.

If they predicted the end in 1914 ,they were obviously not "Spirit Directed", likewise 1925. 1975 ..What about Beth Sarim? did the H/S tell them that the ancients were due back and needed a place to stay?

If they were correct then God has had an "end time warning" preached for over 130 years ..that is getting for two lifetimes ! Noah preached (we are told ) 40 years, being one fifteenth of his life span.. Jesus gave 33 years warning of the fall of Jerusalem.

We are not being impatient or self centered in saying , " Where did it get to?"

2) The morality of the Armageddon doctrine.

God is a god of love , right? He created this world and everybody within it. Individually, the Bible says we are all valuable to him. Yet the WT callously predicts the mass slaughter of non believers, and their children, whose only crime is to reject the WTS..It is acknowledged that they will never be able to effectively witness to all of mankind , so they are happy to slaughter the ignorant . That is ungodly and could not represent the God that we know...

Lots of smaller issues but those two have always been my main issues.

• blondie
    blondie
    (Matthew 23:1-4) 23
    Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying: 2 "The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses. 3 Therefore all the things they tell YOU, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform. 4 They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger.

They resemble the Pharisees of Jesus' time and Jesus pointed out their hypocrisy and their future destruction no longer being "the truth."

• minimus
    minimus

I'm amazed as to how some individuals just cannot use reasoning. They blot out this ability and that's that!

• TopHat
    TopHat

I will venture to say, it is because they do not allow anyone but a few to partake of the bread and wine, when in fact I believe Jesus meant for all of his followers to partake.

• datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

it started as a little bible study group in the 1800's until someone got carried away with himself. And that darn new light keeps changing.

Think they need to try a new brand of light bulb.

• minimus
    minimus

When you look at the history of the Faithful Slave "Class", it helps you to see how things evolved from it being to the brethren to Russell back to the brethren, then to a select group of 144,000. My prediction is that they will get "new light" and realize that the number, like everything else in Revelation is symbolic.

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

i once asked the question: how many things may be wrong about it to still call it the truth?

and... what version of the truth(TM)? yesterday's "the truth(TM)" probably is apostasy today... they'd better use versioning numbers on their teachings, so everybody knows if they're up to date.

i've got "generation 4.5.0", did you already upgrade to the latest "the truth(TM)"? oh - that "blood-issue 3.6.8" is quite outdated, you'd better get a patch.

• inkling
    inkling
    They are an apocalyptic cult that attempts to steer through the modern world using an antiquated internally- contradictory collection of "sacred" texts as their guide.

mmm, nice wording.

[ink]

• t33ap80c
    t33ap80c

Here is the Governing Body's most up-to-date interpretation of the Scripture that Blueblades mentioned (Matthew 24:45-47) as explained on page 24 of the January 15, 2008 Watchtower:

"When Christ inspected the faithful and discreet slave’ in 1918, he found those anointed ones on earth to be faithful in providing spiritual ‘food at the proper time.’ Hence, Jesus was pleased thereafter to appoint them ‘over all his belongings.’ (Read Matthew 24:45-47)"*

... The only way the Society could be "The Truth" today is if Jesus had been so pleased with what they Society had been teaching down till 1918 that he gave them the above appointment mentioned in verse 47. There is only one possible way to know if they could have passed such an inspection. And that is to make the same inspection they say Jesus made.

The reason why there are millions of people today who sincerely believe that the Society did pass Jesus' examination is because not a single one of them has ever made such an exam themselves. But what about those who have made it? What have they concluded?

It took Raymond Franz almost 60 years of association with the organization before he decided to make it. When he finished, rather then thinking that Jesus would have been pleased about what the Society had provided in the way of spiritual food, he expressed his conclusion this way...

It would be an insult to Christ Jesus to say that he selected this organization on the basis of what it had been teaching as of 1919.

When I made my own examination I concluded the same thing. Therefore this is why I believe that the organizational religion of Jehovah's Witnesses is NOT (and never has been) "The Truth."

Don Cameron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit