Why Are Jehovah's Witnesses NOT "The Truth"???

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

List your reasons why you can say that the Witnesses clearly do not have "The Truth".

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Because they have a belief in the supernatural.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

They are an apocalyptic cult that attempts to steer through the modern world using an antiquated internally- contradictory collection of "sacred" texts as their guide.

• JK666
    JK666

I came to that conclusion after the UN/NGO debacle. The saying I came up with was this:

When the lie is SO big, how can it be "The Truth?"

JK

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

They are afraid of dissent and critical thinking.

The Watchtower does not forbid Jehovah's Witnesses to dissent or read criticism as a way to protect the faith of believers, they do so because Warchtower theology is a house of cards that will fall at the tiniest bit of logical thinking.

Paraphraising Thomas Jefferson,"Error needs protection, truth can stand on its' own."

• restrangled
    restrangled

Because in normal society if individuals proclaim what the WTS proclaims, concerned family members would Baker Act them until they've been medicated enough to pose no further harm to themselves or society.

In this religion the same quality qualifies them to be "Governing Body" members.

R's Hubby

• White Dove
    White Dove

They claim to follow the Bible 100% but don't.

• minimus
    minimus

Let's say you're trying to reason with a Witness (if that's possible), and you need to give concrete proof as to why you're sure JWs are not the one, only true religion, what would you say?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Because they tell you that you should follow them, as "the visible representation of the Lord on earth," versus the very One they claim to follow, who said: "I... am the Way... and the Truth... and the Life. NO ONE comes to the Father... except through me."

They are false prophets and false "christs" (anointed). Imposters, all. Blind guides... leading the blind...

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The end was supposed to come along time ago.

Not according to me.

According to them.

When they've painted themselves into a corner with their failed predictions, they receive "new light" and buy themselves more time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit