As a teenager what was your 1st car

by XOCO 42 Replies latest jw friends

• mathilde
    mathilde

an Austin Healy 3000

Mathilde

• MikeA
    MikeA

Harley Sportster! It was great for field service, let me tell ya :)

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

'63 Rambler. Had the crank down seats which made the seats into a bead. 3 speed on the column. No accescories; just an AM radio. first party vehicle.

• jaguarbass
  • mamochan13
    mamochan13

My first purchased car was a 69 chevy nova. 4-door, of course, for field service. It was a great car. Unfortunately I sold it in a hurry because I was moving "where the need was great".

but what I really consider my first car was my mom's 59 caddy. How I loved that car! I'm still mad at her for selling it.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

My first car was an '82 Honda Civic wagon that I got at age 16 (parents bought it), I affectionately called it "The Silver Bullet". It looked like this one;

The first car I bought myself was an '80 Dodge D-50 I bought when I was 18. It was dubbed "The Red Death" and looked kinda like this;

• hubert
    hubert
    1950 Chev. 2 door coop. for $275 with 35.000 miles

My second car was a '53 Chevy powerglide, 2-door, two-tone green. Nice little car, bought it for $350.00

Those were the days.

Hubert

• JK666
    JK666

A '67 Ford station wagon, like this picture, even the same color:

JK

• *summer*
    *summer*

A 1969 red Datsun 510, standard transmission.

To this day, I still have a replica that my young brother glued together for me at the time {remember those kits?}

*summer*

• Forscher
    Forscher

1963 Rambler.

It had an automatic transmission and a flathead six-cylinder engine, sort of like a tractor engine. It had the crank-down seats (the fellow who showed it to me called it a "young man's car"). The closest picture I can find to what it looks like is a derelict which is actually the same color.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit