by hubert 42 Replies latest jw friends

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Thank you hubert,

I've made a downloadable file from your link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/u6nz2i

• avengers
    avengers
    I read letters and evidence that some congregations who had as many as 30 or 40 children molested
    The church released a statement saying that it does not condone or protect child molesters and that cases within the church are rare.

Watchtower: DIE!

Andy

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    in years past parents would be counseled not to bring reproach on jehovahs name by bringing police into "congregational" matters

This is true, and even if you had not been counselled to not mention a specific subject, I know lots of JW's would feel very uncomfortable about raising anything that would 'bring reproach on jehovahs name'.

I know this is in no way as important as the child abuse issue, but it might throw some light on the mind set - years ago when I was a JW I went for some counselling because my inability to enjoy a sex life with my JW husband was making me almost suecidal. For several weeks we discussed EVERYTHING in my life EXCEPT the fact that I was a JW (which IMO was THE causal factor). I just couldnt bring myself to mention it because I thought "what will she think of Jehovahs Witnesses if she sees one as screwed up as me. Shes bound to blame the religion and it will bring reproach on jehovahs name".

Eventually, after a failure to resolve the problem I quit counselling, then a few years later, whaddya know, I left the religion and the problem and associated depression cleared up.

I can fully understand how a person can rationalise even the most dire situation and not want to make jehovahs name look bad.

• hubert
    hubert

bttt

For the morning people. This is a new video, not the nbc nightly news one.

enjoy !!! It's super !

Hubert

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Thanks for making this video avbailable, Hubert.

Great job, Barb! You are a brave and articulate defender of the real truth!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    oompa in years past parents would be counseled not to bring reproach on jehovahs name by bringing police into "congregational" matters.

Exactly.

That's changed now.

When individual states (US) made reporting by the clergy mandatory, the Watchtower cooperated, in those states. Holy Spirit-led or motivated by protection of image and assets?

Jehovah always does what the states tell him to. If the states don't care about protecting children, Jehovah doesn't either.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Great video! Barbara has my deepest respect.

• hubert
    hubert

THIS VIDEO NEEDS TO GO ON U-TUBE.

CAN ANYONE PUT IT THERE, PLEASE?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

ANOTHER BACK STEP FOR THE W.T......... ANOTHER GIANT STEP FOR BARBARA ANDERSON.

Hubert

• jaded
    jaded

Hubert, thanks for posting this. And Barbara thank you for all of your hard work.

• Leolaia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit