Why the molestation issue won't bring down JW's

by proplog2 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• freetosee
    freetosee

Jws love to point at the bad conduct of the clergy, the wt is full of it. Those scandals are used to show that so-called false religion does not have gods spirit, is not the truth.

SINCE, JW’s have been guilty of exposing their children to molesters THEREFORE
    EVERYTHING they say is necessarily false.

I have NEVER heard that kind of argumentation here. People mainly criticize the way molestation gets handled. My sister did not have a witness to her molestation. She was told not to tell anyone, not even her parents. Otherwise she would be disfellowshipped for slander and bringing reproach upon Jahs name.
    So much to the claims of a clean congregation and spiritual paradise. Isn't that supposed to be unique only among JWs!?

The JW doctrines stand even after the mud slides off.

The only real consistency I find with the wts and jws is the constant proclamation: "The END IS NEAR, only a few more years,..." and that since Russels time... Read Luke 21:8

• proplog2
    proplog2

OUTLAW...

I advocate the common law principle of two witnesses. AND I believe circumstantial evidence (lab tests, DNA etc) also can be one of those two witnesses. I can also believe there was a time before such tests that child molestation would be a difficult crime to prove.

I know that children don't lie about such things but they can be prompted. In fact my mother-in-law made my wife (she was 12) testify against her father accusing him of molestation so she could get better divorce terms. My wife has an excellent relationship with her father and hates her mother for making her lie.

I think the Watchtower has made significant mistakes in this area. Hopefully, they will learn. And I have stated before how I felt about the last Kingdom News Tract that used the molestation issue to take a swipe at the Catholic Church.

NOW DON'T SHOOT!!!!!

• Mary
    Mary
    I advocate the common law principle of two witnesses. AND I believe circumstantial evidence (lab tests, DNA etc) also can be one of those two witnesses.

Unfortunately, unless your child is taken immediately to a hospital for DNA testing on the semen, this would be a LONG SHOT for any elder body to consider as an "eye witness". Unfortunately, in the cases of child molestation, the adult will go to extra-ordinary lengths to make sure that there are no 'eye witnesses'----that's the very basis of how they commit these crimes over a number of years and quite often, on a number of children.

I know that children don't lie about such things but they can be prompted. In fact my mother-in-law made my wife (she was 12) testify against her father accusing him of molestation so she could get better divorce terms. My wife has an excellent relationship with her father and hates her mother for making her lie.

Yes, unfortunately there are total scumbag people out there that will pull this sort of crap. However, this should not be used as an excuse for the Organization to give free reign to known pedophiles and move them from congregation to congregation and not let the members know. The entire way they dealt with this situation was appalling and was done soley to preserve their "image". They threatened and DF'd several members who went to the police and anyone who spoke to Dateline----hardly the actions of 'loving Christians' and they were exposed for the hypocrites that they are.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

SINCE, JW’s have been guilty of exposing their children to molesters THEREFORE EVERYTHING they say is necessarily false.

I would say, "Since the WTS has been guilty of saying 'this never happens within our organization' when THEY KNOW THAT IT DOES they are lying weasels and need to be bankrupted."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit