deleted by me

if you want to know what i sent, you will have to pm me

I am getting responses that I cannot post here

I am sorry

purps

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Same 'ol, same 'ol.

I remember the Connie Chung thing and everyone in Service discussing how it was all lies.

I guess now that they have actual subpoenaed WT letters from the Court documents they can't say.... No, I stand corrected, Brothers will still say they are all lies.

P.S. Back to Turkey Day NFL!

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Here's the rub...yes, a responsible parent would report abuse. However, the elders do not create an environment that supports that decision. Here's where it gets sticky. If the alleged perpetrator tells the victim that he/she is sorry, the victim must forgive and is instructed by the elders that the matter is over, they cannot go beyond what is scripturaly written by going to the authorities or even for counseling. If the victim (and/or their family) pursues reporting, and so forth, the victim is ostracized by the congregation via judicial committee action, i.e. possible reproof or disfellowshipment. This provides a fertile environment for predators to continue abusing. This is how these matters have been handled in the past (> 5 years ago). Don't know if WT has reformed this policy, although WT claims they have. I doubt that anyone would be willing to test this, unless by unfortunate circumstance. So sad.

Mrs R

• jgnat
    jgnat

I find it interesting that for reporting pedophilia, it is entirely the parent's responsibility. But if it is any other sexual sin, the congregationalists are to run directly to the elders for action.

• avishai
    avishai
    remember the Connie Chung thing and everyone in Service discussing how it was all lies

It's a good thing I was'nt there because I personally KNOW one of the victims that was on the connie chung one. And I would've gone ballistic.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

jgnat

GREAT post

I find it interesting that for reporting pedophilia, it is entirely the parent's responsibility. But if it is any other sexual sin, the congregationalists are to run directly to the elders for action

Leslie

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

So it isn't their responsibility...

But if a member smokes it is....

If a member drinks too much it is......

If a member dresses too revealing it is....

It a member doesn't punish their children in the right way it is....

If the member drives a car that is not fitting for service it is....

If a member wears a beard it is...

If a member doesn't get enough time in going door to door it is....

If a member needs a blood transfusion it is...............

And so on and so on........................................

But molesting children is NONE of their business?

I wonder what their stand is now on spousal abuse and physical child abuse?

Snoozy...

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Snoozy,

EXACTLY!

So rediculous!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Well, I got word that what I sent got posted at a JW site at yahoo.

I am sure it was quickly pulled.

The JW's, I think want comfort to each other.......mistakes were made......blah blah blah

Years ago, I remember sf(sKally) coming into JW chat rooms and posting one thing after another about The Dateline Show prior to its airing.....The only reason why I even knew about it.

So, Hopefully, some seeds have been planted somewhere, by my sending out the email.

Right now, Not really to bash the society..........but to keep children out of harms way.

I don't like seeing kids mistreated. They need a voice. JW or not, children need our protection.

purps

• R.F.
    R.F.

I got two responses so far

This first one is actually from someone in my congo. He is the PO's grandson! Went to college..... Moved away a few years ago to another state. Very talented actor/writer, I went to some of his plays. Kudos to him for getting out!!!!

I still can't believe that one. He was an MS as well before he left i'm sure now after thinking back a bit......he conducted to Book Study I was in quite a bit years back. He seems to be really enjoying life, even though his family doesn't think so. Of course they want him to be a cog in the JW system as well. I'm happy for him for making the break.

R.F.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit