JW response to Andersons story

by purplesofa 52 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Anonymously, I sent out about 100 emails this morning, about the NBC-news story. All to JW's from my contact list. I have not written any of these people for at least two years.

I got two responses so far

This first one is actually from someone in my congo. He is the PO's grandson! Went to college..... Moved away a few years ago to another state. Very talented actor/writer, I went to some of his plays. Kudos to him for getting out!!!!

I have a question. purplesofa, do I know you? I just find this funny that I don't know your name, but I used to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses.....was just curious if I knew who you were.

This second response is from someone that I do not know. But is a JW.

It is not the elders' responsibilty to report it.

It is the parents' responsibility and/or the victim him/herself.

Place blame where it belongs.

The Watchtower Society is not responsible for that.

If I get anymore responses I will let you know.

purps

edited to add: If you have someone on your email list you would like an anonymous letter sent to, you can contact me through my email address [email protected] or just pm me.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Purplesofa,

I would respond to this person by saying that yes, they are partly right. It IS the parents responsibility to report it, but it is ALSO the elders responsibility to report it as well! That way they are truely hating what is bad and protecting the other children in the congregation in case the parent doesn't want to come forward!

Thank you for posting this for us to see how they are responding. Great to hear the other reponce has gotten out!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Will Power
    Will Power

send them Duncan's chocolate cake defence!!

• avishai
    avishai

See it's so funny, that's the line they get from the platform. But in most states it IS their responsibility as mandatory reporters

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Why would a society not be responsible for their members, yet have to pay out in law suits on their bahalf?

• minimus
    minimus

People who are in denial.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Every citizen in the US with an ounce of intelligence and/or compassion, if told about an instance of abuse would immediately turn that info over to authorities....oh wait, except for JW elders....and why don't they immediately turn that info over....because they are SPECIAL.

There are a handful of ideas and policies that are wholy JW, that are just plain nuts....one is highjacking funerals to spew forth their bul**it and another is pretending to be Kojak in abuse cases.

Elders are no more QUALIFIED to handle abuse cases, than they are to pilot the Space Shuttle.

R's Hubby

• KW13
    KW13

Funny how that excuse doesnt cut it for Catholics isnt it Purps but for Dubs its perfectly fine.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Funny how that excuse doesnt cut it for Catholics isnt it Purps but for Dubs its perfectly fine.

when you are part of such an exclusive group like the JWs being fair doesn't matter.

As people we have a natural tendency to think we are always right. We accuse other of things that we ourselves either make excuses for or approve of. When moved into the real of the JW this tendency becomes a necessity for survival.

• Gadget
    Gadget
    If you have someone on your email list you would like an anonymous letter sent to, you can contact me through my email address [email protected] or just pm me.

What things do you put in the anonymous letter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit