Why Some Can't Understand

by writetoknow 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bobld
    bobld

Why some can't understand because of people like you who use scriptures to explain the Bible.

bob

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    As an individual who is intelligent and well educated in many religious theologys I can say that suffering is not the intent of the creator.

How do you know that?

The creator/creative force doesn't have an intent that could ever be understood by our meager intellect . The divine and infinite is by nature unfathomable .

Not if you believe Christianity. Christianity teaches that God is interested in us each individually, to the point that 'every hair of our heads is numbered.'

Suffering makes absolutely no sense to me. Whatever the reason it started, God, if he is truly all powerful, could have put an end to it. I have no clue why he didn't.... and the explainations offered by most Christians makes no sense either.

I often find that those who speak of Christ suffering more than any other human, etc, etc, are persons who haven't seen much suffering in their lives. They may think they have, but they haven't really. They haven't lost a child... watched a family member die of a horrible disease... been molested and prayed and prayed for help from God which never came. Suffering serves no good purpose, imho, and any good that results from it is our own doing, not a natural progression of events.

GGG

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Because most people don't comprehend thistruth, they fail to see the difference between Christianity and every human religion

Therein lies the similarity between Christianity and other human religions. The statement that 'my religion' contains truth, and everyone else's is false.

As Nietzsche says; "Convictions might be more dangerous enemies of truth than lies. ... There are questions whose truth or untruth cannot be decided by man; all the supreme questions, all the supreme problems of value are beyond human reason...."

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Pain in life is inevitable , I can't really defend it , it just is a fact of this existence.

Why do we trouble our selves with this need for an answer?

Speaking only for myself I can say that I have learned love and compassion from MY suffering.

The suffering of others has no meaning that I can understand.

The why is unimportant because it teaches nothing , it has no answer, it merely is.

I have found acceptence of the the inevitible truth of our exiistence to be the answer sufficient to free ME.

What is wealth but having all you require?

What is an answer but that which satisfies a question?

Having found my answer I can only point to it and hope others find an answer as well.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Wow, have I been drinking?

• justhuman
    justhuman

indeed..

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

I think you need to stop imputting words into my statements.

• wherehasmyhairgone
    wherehasmyhairgone

I wonder how many pages of written words have been expressed to explain why god allows suffering, I certainly know one thing

It shows how inept a god is that ...

a) apparently he can't get his point across clearly that he needs his sin filled humans to try and justify him and his actions

b) being able to keep just a few billion humans under control, without genocide

That's the problem when men invent gods...

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

No friend I did not say that the bible states that over and over again. What has changed in society thoughts towards the bible.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

There is no attitude here just comments...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit