I'm so thrilled......please congratulate me

by quietlyleaving 38 Replies latest jw friends

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Well done! Ahh, it feels great to exercise those brain cells, doesn't it?

From a fellow student,

TS

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

crumpet

Whats the part you are enjoying most about the course?

I love the music aspect. For the assignement we were asked to analyse a Beatles song "For No One" - enjoyed that. The painting was "Man Reading" by a German artist, Gerorg Friedrich - very challenging.

I also like the poetry aspect very very much. Philosophy too is amazing.

Funnily enough I now feel more understanding of why JW's believe what they do. Humans just love making meaning for themselves and delighting themselves. Its important however that we make our meaning and not blindly follow others, I guess.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Darkuncle

I loved Arts &Humanities in HS and CC. What are some of your favorite periods or styles? I'm ecclectic so I like stuff from Ancient Egypt and Babylon to Antebellum(is that the right word for "pre-civil war" american?). I've forgotten so much, but I remember if I see it. I liked alot of rennaisance art and architechture, The Dutch painters, The Italian Masters. Dali is the closest to our time artist that I like. I didn't study much asian art and history, but would love to do so.

I'm fascinated by the rennaisance period too. At the moment, because of my religious background probably, I'm quite fascinated by romanticism in art.

Our next block is all about the colosseum in Rome. The gladiatorial games are mind boggling.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thanks everyone for your replies

• Tara
    Tara

Woo hoo! Congratulations, QL! Way to go!

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Freedom never gets old , I'm glad your growing .

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo

Awesome! Congrats!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Nice one!!

• justhuman
    justhuman

congratulations

Share this

Google+
Pinterest