Injected Buddhist teachings into Watchtower Study today

by cappytan 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cappytan
    cappytan

On the Paragraph about meditation in today's study, I gave a comment about "meditating with a view towards mindfulness and awareness of the positive things in our lives."

Afterwards, about 8 people that I rarely talk to in the congregation came up and expressed how much they appreciated that point.

Wanted to say, "Thank the Buddha." But didn't have the guts. LOL

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    😃
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Well played.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    That is great! Good job.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I used to incorporate concepts lifted from the pages of psychology books into my answers, and would get the same reaction, people that had never given me the time of day before would tell me how much they appreciated my comments.

• steve2
    steve2
    Their appreciative responses fit in with the Watchtower's appearance of embracing enlightened views and practices.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

CT, they no doubt appreciated it because it was fresh and interesting, not the same ol' rehashed tripe.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I gave a comment about "meditating with a view towards mindfulness and awareness of the positive things in our lives."

Cappy: this is exactly what I did a a couple of months ago during the theocratic ministry school with the talk of meditation. I thought for sure I would get dragged to the back but in effect I got a lot of praise. Go figure !!!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good move!

I do the same with every talk, answer or conversation!

Yep, they eat up the comments!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Good work Cappytan, I used to enjoy doing this kind of thing too. Bringing in things learned from self-help, psychology and the like is something I used to do to spruce up my comments and talks.

Isaac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit