Do u hate the young people ask video or not?

by XOCO 26 Replies latest jw friends

• XOCO
    XOCO

how many of u on this bord hate the young ppl ask video: How can i make real friends

4 the 1st time in like 8 years i threw up a little in my ... it was so pathetic and corny i wanted to burn it so bad . I don't even know why i even watched it in the first place. BTW its Ok if u guys hijaced this thread OK!

XOCO

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

They made a video?

Judging my the my feelings on the book (and having to give talks out of it) I can only imagine how obnoxious the vid would be

• XOCO
    XOCO
    They made a video?

why yeah its like 6/7 years old. plus the young ppl ask book its self seems out dated to me with some of the statistics and how the times changed since 1988.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never saw it from the official source. I did see parts of it through an apostate Web site, and it was basically another pathetic attempt on their part to make sure people get sequestered from the outside world and from the opposite sex. Of course, they don't want people to feel bad, so they make specious reasonings and non sequiturs to make people think it's OK when it's not.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Oh God yes it was so lame. I was trying to explain to my Mom how those videos are like the gayest thing on the planet, of course she didn't get it because she wasn't born into the Witnesses. There is nothing REAL about those videos at all.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

Actually I thought it was an improvement over those assemblies where they always had the witness kids dressed in skirts and dresses for school and they were getting in trouble for smoking cigarettes or being in line for a R movie. Of course this happening during the time I could name 10 drug dealers in my school and there was like 5 teenage pregnancies in my class...But yeah i thought it was very generalizing of non jw youth...It was pretty hilarious...
  • mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

o.k. I don't know what happened there.....

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Well, the video on going to college is one of the most disgusting things I've seen. I've got it ready to show anyone who finds it hard to believe that the JWs discourage education.

• yknot
    yknot

Well if it has horrible as the book's presentations....YUK

The book came out when I was 16, everyone rushed to start "teen"studies. Really if parents hadn't already covered this with their kids, they failed as parents. It confirmed to me just how out-of-touch many were in my KH with their children. I mean look at the contents! I felt it was an insult to my intelligence, best to approach majority of the subjects by 2nd grade not later in life.

Ynot

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Hey leolia is that up on Youtube by anychance. My Mom was telling me about it, how it has some "good" example of a kid who got a scholarship to play basketball but felt he would "serve Jehovah" and not take it. Is this the same one your talking about?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit