HDR photography anyone? (pics inside)

by Jourles 43 Replies latest jw friends

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

You're aiming the camera too low sweetness. Now why am I not surprised?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Jourles....What program do you use to layer them together? In Photoshop, the higher and lower exposure just cancel each other out, giving me an image with the same dynamic range as the middle term. Is there a setting that gets those kind of results?

BTW, I have an old Photoshop program, w/o the "Merge to HDR" function.

• poppers
    poppers

Great photos. Interesting in how it's done. I am completely camera illiterate.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    What program do you use to layer them together? In Photoshop, the higher and lower exposure just cancel each other out, giving me an image with the same dynamic range as the middle term. Is there a setting that gets those kind of results

Corel's PSP Photo X2 - it has an HDR merge feature. I recently noticed that CompUSA is selling it for $50 instead of $100. I believe Photoshop didn't include an HDR feature until CS2.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Humph!

mumbling....FP4 in the tank....I.D.11 mixed 1:1, 11 minutes at 20 deg....agitate now.....Do I have any fixer!!??

• White Dove
    White Dove

Can you put horns on Jesus? Oh, I'm just kidding! I'm pagan and can joke like that. If you are Christian and laughed at my joke, shame on you! Shame shame shame!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    You're aiming the camera too low sweetness. Now why am I not surprised?

ROFLMAO!!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I took a good look today at the HDR photos at Flickr and Panoramio, and while there were some good well-composed photos, the majority seemed to look awful with over-saturated, over-processed, grainy/noisy, and an almost painted/colorized appearance. Looks to me that HDR is a powerful tool that takes experience in using with skill. I read that HDR is intended to better capture the dynamic range that the eye normally sees, leading to a more natural appearance, but that was not the case with the hypersaturation of color in many of these examples. Is it hard to reign in the extra tonality?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Here are some good uses of HDR:

And here are some awful ones:

These look like those old hand-tinted postcards from the olden days.

• justhuman
    justhuman

nice shots

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit