Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia ...

by compound complex 29 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

You can be helped, for a fee, to conquer your irrational fears. There is a lifetime guarantee. My question is whether the above phobia truly does put an unhealthy number of people into trauma; it is not my fear ... Please check this out:

www.changethatsrightnow.com/problem_detail.asp?SDID=204:1595

Compound-Complex

Edited to correct address/inadvertently came up with "Fear of Public Speaking," of all things!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Unfortunately for all here I do not have a fear of pubic speaking.

momz

• compound complex
    compound complex

Well, I wonder if my new-found fear should not become casesensitivewebaddressgaffesophobia ...

In future I will be more careful.

Thank you, all you phobia-sufferers!

CoCo

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't have that, but I do have Luposlipaphobia.

The fear of being pursued by timber wolves around a kitchen table while wearing socks on a newly-waxed floor.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I haven't got this particular phobia but someone I know has a job where he is expected to give demonstrations in front of audiences at various times, and he gets in quite a state - palpitations, sweats etc. I get like that with spiders if they're big ones!

I also have a friend with a bad phobia of flying. I've lost count of the number of times he has booked flights and then not been able to go because of fear. There are so many different phobias of one kind or another that it would be interesting to do a survey on them to see just how many. It could be done by dividing people into sex and age categories etc. It would be interesting.

Maddie

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanx, ever so, Maddie and Elsewhere:

While I was waxing eloquent, Else, you were the floor, only to be mercilessly hounded 'round about the kitchen table by a relentless pack of timberwolves bent on devouring your slippery socks. Oh, the vision!

Yes, indeed, Maddie - a most interesting study. That website deals with a number of fears and their treatment. I must read further because it appears, without a doubt, to be dead-serious. The fees are quite steep, yet, with a life-time guarantee, a sufferer who receives the prescribed treatment could likely become a subject for case study, provided, of course, he does not die prematurely of fear-induced trauma.

That should put a crimp, I daresay, in someone's style!

CoCo Phobic ...

• erynw
    erynw

Unfortunately for all here I do not have a fear of pubic speaking.

momz

LMFAO Momz, OMG, this is hysterical. Whoo, man my stomach hurts. And if it's a typo, it's even funnier!

I needed this laugh today!
  • Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I have no fear of Pubic speaking, just singing on Stage. I fell off the Stage.

• changeling
    changeling

I'm afraid of lizards.

changeling

• changeling
    changeling

I'm also afraid of Rosalee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit