Ever attacked by a dog (or householder) while out in service?

by sacrebleu 11 Replies latest jw friends

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

I knew a little kid who got bitten pretty badly. His parents didn't seem appalled enough to suit me.

They acted like it was a badge of honor of something.

I was chased out of a yard by a dog but didn't get bit. I think I didn't get bit because I knew enough about dogs to get off the property and THEN turn and face the dog with my book bag in front of me.

I was yelled at, cussed and threatened with a gun but not shot. I had old Watchtowers thrown at me.

How about the rest of you?

sacrebleu

• Trevanian
  • Trevanian
    Trevanian

Um. I was HIT on, many times. Does that count?

I guess if you go to someone's house uninvited, and try hard to get invited inside, and you're young and vaguely attractive, well, it's gonna happen.

And if there are two of you, that's a Royal Flush to some lonely "householders".

• watson
    watson

Yup.

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

Details Watson...

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I never got bit in the door to door. But last month 2 of my 4 cocker spaniels were fighting and I reached in to seperate them and got bit. That was the most painful thing, I ever experienced, the yellow adipose tissue was comming out and I had to lay down. Then it felt like my arm was on fire. I had to go to the hospital. Now I have a dent in my arm and I can still feel a tightness in my forearm.

I wonder how people who get shot or stabbed deal with it. I got a feeling its nothing like in the movies.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Worst thing I ever got was a cup of water thrown over me from an upstairs window. My partner had one lad in conversation and his mate thought it funny to drench me. I viewed that as a badge of honour too.

One publisher I knew got bitten by a dog as he put a leaflet through a letterbox. Two publishers I know were out of town calling at a farm. A large pig appeared (nobody else was home) the pig chased them back to their car,but no harm done.

When you consider that we they call uninvited, it is a testament to the civility of "the world" that more aggro is not received

This was one of the most amusing JWD threads

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/45100/1.ashx

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I had dogs nip at my ankles a couple of times. The funnest one was this little bugger who was viscious but so small he could have fit in my service bag leaving room to spare. The funny thing was going back to that same house a few months later. The little guy had a muzzle on but attacked my leg anyway. I thought he looked really cute with the muzzle.

W

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

Finally Free,

I literally laughed out loud at the mental picture you painted. Thanks...

sacrebleu

• uninformed
    uninformed

I was about 26 (this was in 1971) (already and elder) and was training a young brother in the service. At a door in Mt. Vernon, Missouri, I was having a nice conversation with a householder when he asked, "What religion are you?" When I replied that we were witnesses, he pushed the screen door open into my face and when I staggered backwards, he started slugging me. As I turned and walked off, he was still hitting me in the back.

He was an old man. He didn't hurt me, and I heard later when back in the territory that he had a heart attack that day.

He was a war vet that hated the Witnesses.

Sure glad I didn't hit him back.

Brant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit