How are you dealing with the increase of fuel and home energy price increas

by hambeak 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prophecor
  • sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Replacing every incandescent in your house with compact fluorescents is a good start but it won't solve all of your problems, you'd have to think bigger, like,

- don't buy a plasma tv - it will use more energy than your fridge (double your electricity bill instantly)

- hook up your entertainment unit so that you can turn it off at the wall (don't pay for standby power)

- give up on halogens (I curse the halogen fad - every one of those little bastards uses four times the power of an incandescent, and they're so useless you need three of them to replace every space ordinarily lit by one incandescent)

- learn to live with a smaller fridge, and even no freezer

• PEC
    PEC

It is half way through November and I have turned of the furnace once.

I have used compact fluorescent lamps since the 1980s, I have some that were bought in the late 80s that are still in service today $10 divided by 20 comes to 50 cents a year not counting the energy savings.

15 years a go I bought a house 5 miles from my work, 2/3 of the jobs in San Diego are within 8 miles or my home.

Bought 30 solar panels in 2002 and have been generating half of the electricity I use, for the last 5 years.

Bought a Prius in February for $1800 under invoice and with a 0% loan from Toyota, it is worth more than I paid and the more gas prices go up, the longer it will keep it's value.

Bought a electric motorcycle for my commute to work, I am going to charge it at work.

I am not a enviro-nut, I think that most of the global warming alarm is BS. But, I am greener the most of the enviro-nuts. I don't really care how many tons of co2, I haven't send into the air.

The more energy prices increase, the more money I save.

Philip

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Eat less ham.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you haven't purchased Christmas lights yet, those LED lights use 90% less energy than the regular
    incandescent bulbs. They also last 25 times longer without blowing bulbs.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Egyptian sarcophogus made from foil covered polystyrene or similar to cover bed especially of elderly. It will keep you warm when you are living and save funeral costs when you die!

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Those compact flouros contain more mercury than a normal globe

don't use Xmas lights they waste electricity

eating more beans and vegetables causes farting which increases the damaging methane content of the atmosphere ,

stop having protected sex as those condoms use masses of energy to make

don't use bio diesel as the plants they come from use cleared land to grow on

don't use organic methanol from corn as fuel because it can cause stress on the US economy by unbalancing it and causing masses of wasted paper from news reports about it

don't walk to the fish and chip shop for you will need to walk many miles to burn the fat off from the meal

don't make phone calls as the grid is powered by electricity

don't put up wind turbines for power as they might be in the flight path of a bird

flush the toilet after every ten dumps to conserve water

wipe your butt with pre colour watchtower and awakes as the texture is more conducive to cleanliness than the 4 colour version

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

We have Fluorescent light in our house. We have Solar Panels, to save on our electric bill. I bought a Toyota Prius Hybrid, I get 45 around town and on the free-way 60, as long as I don't push real hard on the gas pedal. I Got to stop racing my car it eats gas.

• erynw
  • White Dove
    White Dove

We have to stay home more than we used to and to think before driving anywhere we might not really need to go, like to the library or somewhere else just to get out of the house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit