How are you dealing with the increase of fuel and home energy price increas

by hambeak 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hambeak
    hambeak

Price of gas is higher and home energy costs are increasing as well as the price of food.

Lets help each other on how to deal and handle this.

Lets give Ideas and suggestions on how to make it through the financial crisis.

Ham

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Bicycle, walk, public transport.

Turn the thermostat down a few degrees and put on more clothes. Why do people heat their house so much in winter they have to walk around in a t-shirt, and then cool their house so thoroughly in summer that they have to wear a cardigan?

We just had a solar water heater installed today, so it's free hot water for us for the next 20 years!

I get 15% more mileage from my car now than I did when I bought it in 1994. I used to be a petrolhead and accelerated and braked a lot, rushing around in traffic, always being the person at the front of the line and first off at the lights. These days I just let the car accelerate at its own natural rate without flooring it. A tank of fuel now gets me 15% further, and I'm a much cooler person.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

We had wage cuts and layoffs too

I'm going back to being self employed so I can earn enough money

I quit working for myself so I could take a break from the rat race for awhile , but it's becoming inconvinient to be subject to the whims of a corporation.

To all who feel it's too dificult to run a small bussiness it's not. It simply requires honesty , integrity and imagination. compassion helps as does empathy and genuine concern for your clients whomever they may be , and above all you must care about your tasks above the money.

• prophecor
    prophecor

No more joy riding for me

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

One of the easiest ways to save on gas(petrol) is to not accelerate as hard, or get to the red light as quick as possible and brake hard.

A digital thermostat that can run on a schedule can save money on heating.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Pay the Bill..And..Avoid People who Bitch about it!.....Laughing Mutley

• 5go
    5go

Bend over then quess what comes next.

There isn't much you can do other than get these moron Republicans out of office and put any other party in offfice. Dare I say the Libertarians are better than them. Atleast they would get us out of Iraq on fiscal grounds if nothing else. Other than the if we had followed Jimmy Carter's lead and conserved energy there wouldn't be any pain right now we wouldn't even care what the hell was going on in the middle east.

Due to the fact we didn't; and we became more energy greedy, and dependant. We now are in for some serious hurt for atleast two more decades till we fix this.

• hambeak
    hambeak

I walk a lot more LOL and lots of vegetables and beans and rice yum

• Gregor
    Gregor

More raw, uncooked food.

No TV or internet.

quick, cold showers. Goose bumps are natural insulation.

Wear layers and keep the house just warm enough so that the pipes don't freeze.

cheap dog food can keep your feet warm at night. Just put it in a dog.

learn to read Braille and walk around the house in the dark. Wear boots in case you kick the furniture with a toe.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

cheap dog food can keep your feet warm at night. Just put it in a dog.

LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit