Former Elders and Everybody- You Are Appreciated On JWD !

by flipper 20 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Just wanted to say to all you guys who were elders and everybody, at least for myself thanks for the help and assistance you have provided me since joining JWD ! I know when in the witnesses elders and all of us probably did not get the commendation we deserved for our efforts , and it was a thankless job for elders having to spew out cult influenced counsel from the governing body, especially if they disagreed with it. I know I had bad dealings with elders when a witness because of unjust treatment not only of myself , but that of others , but want you guys here to know, I look at you as friends on a level basis now ! I care about all my JWD friends the same and if I've personally ever said something to offend any of the ex-elders here or anybody, my apologies. I have a real sensitive justice streak when I see people in power abusing others, so anything I've said in these regards is nothing personal, just against the witness organization !

But, I just wanted to say that if you were elders you really can help us ex-witnesses now at times by revealing the things that only elders were privy to or aware of. If you desire to. We are all equal here at JWD , and any of us who have had years of experience in the organization can be helpful to our fellow posters who need caring, kindness or advice. I respect all my fellow posters advice , and consideration. And I appreciate everybody here who posts on JWD , it makes it a unique experience sharing our " battlefield " experiences, so to speak from being in that cult. So do you guys on JWD feel good about having the freedom to speak what we want and express ourselves? I know it sure feels good to not be scrutinized like we were as witnesses , and have a real freedom of speech ! So what do you all think ? Look forward to your responses ! Peace out to all of you ! Mr. Flipper

• changeling
    changeling

I'll jump on that bandwagon and second that!

changeling

• Maddie
    Maddie

FLIPPER - I think this a lovely thread. I for one truly appreciate all the information, advice and support that I have had since joining you all on JWD. The experience of those who have had many years in the WT as elders and those who have seen the many inconsistencies and injustices are invaluable to me in my fight for freedom.

Well done and thank you all

Maddie

• llbh
    llbh

I used to be a ms and a pioneer does that count (not worried if it does not).I agree that the one really sad thing they do not preach is freedom to express yourself

regards llbh

• flipper
    flipper

CHANGELING- Yeah, I agree Changeling! For those of us who were raised witnesses, and who have left the witnesses, it has been a long, fullfilling, yet strange trip !

MADDIE- I agree with you. I have learned more from others since joining this site than all the years I was a witness ! I enjoy the advice and feedback I get here on JWD.

LLBH- Yeah, very true. Of course everybody counts here m.s., pioneer, everybody. That's what makes it so special on JWD , everybody can voice their take, unlike as you say the lack of freedom to talk in the witnesses. You cannot put a price on freedom of speech ! It's priceless. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It sometimes irked me to read, "Elders are... (whatever)" in blanket statements. In time I came to realize that A. It wasn't true in my case, and B. I'm not an elder any longer. Both of those realities are a blessing. Any elder that bailed once they saw the futility of their situation is worthy of commendation, though not any more than anyone else I might add. I think its easier to see the falsehood when you are an elder because you have more room to question. Its a sort of executive privilege. They are slower to remove an elder with questions than a rank and file member. I really hated the way the "flock" was treated and had to quit that gang of demagogues. W.Once

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was a company man as an elder, I tried to be kind and approachable,
    but in the long run, I was pushing their agenda. You say it was a
    thankless job, and that's how I felt then, but truthfully, I was swelled in
    the head and as a lowly window cleaner, I liked 150 people paying attention
    to me and telling me what a good job I was doing. That was not thankless.

But, I just wanted to say that if you were elders you really can help us ex-witnesses now at times by revealing the things that only elders were privy to or aware of.

I am happy to share whatever I knew. I think I already did do so, but I will
    use it some more every now and then to help others. I just hope we get
    some new members who are/were elders as the light bulb gets brighter
    and the instructions change.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I was just wondering what you all think the average yearly income is for an elder. I was at my Safeway recently and a long time elders wife with 4 kids was using food stamps. She seemed embarassed.

• minimus
    minimus

There used to be an attitude displayed here, that if you were an elder, that you were scum. There was a lot of disdain for elders, COs, DOs, and Ray Franz. It's good to see posts by elders and former ones explaining HOW elders think, HOW they lie and HOW they operate. That's why when I read of how elders or individual elders assure a person that what is said is truly in confidence, I laugh.

Present elders and those that still attend, THANK YOU for giving us the latest news. It is very much appreciated!!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

you are welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit