The necessity of failed prophetic dates

by proplog2 22 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Again this is very simple

A true prophet, apostle, sent one, leader of God's people= Dont get it wrong, dont lie, misrepresent, cover up their conduct or teachings and never state something that doesnt come true.

A false prophet or teacher= There are plenty that fit the bill, No wonder James said "Not many of you should be teachers, you will be more accountable on judgement day.

False Prophets or prophetic readers/teachers are there for us to stay clear of them and concentrate on the real TRUTH, God's Word and patiently await on Him to reveal what is necessary for us indivually or as a group. I for one believe that when it is the right time, Christ knows who belongs to him and can take the necessary action. He doesnt need an organization for anything, men without faith may but not Christ or God!!!

abr

• proplog2
    proplog2

KW13

Yes the chain of reasoning you present is logical based on your initial premise:

"If you believe that the Organization is God's....

However, the concept of God is completely incoherent. There is no omnipotent/omniscient being at the controls.

My assessment of JW's is strictly as an atheist. Perhaps you haven't read some of my other posts.

While I don't believe in God because it is impossible for such a being to exist I do believe there is a possibility that there are other material beings in the universe that have evolved. And I think it is reasonable to believe that such evolved beings would have an interest in human success. They may serve the function of midwife to the difficult process of a planets population emerging to a highly cooperative level of social functioning.

... ALL SCRIPTURE IS INSPIRED OF GOD?

Again this concept is unbelievable because there is no God. However some of the Bible may be an attempt by our Angelic/Alien brothers to intervene - minimally - in our affairs.

The only way to salvage the Bible as some sort of guide for humans is to believe as I am suggesting. No omnipotent/omniscient God would run things as rotten as they are. Either the Bible is mythology or it is influenced by beings that have limited power to change things.

Not My Favourite Scripture;

Luke 21:8 - He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them. - If that does not describe the Watchtower Society exactly, then i will eat the Bible.

This is another one of those mixed messages that drive me crazy.

If you read the context he's saying - don't follow those people who claim to be Christ - instead you are to join up with those who are going to be persecuted, betrayed by family and friends and possibly killed. Read Luke 21:12-19

• proplog2
    proplog2

Voideater: Most Christian organizations are passive. They aren't walking the streets looking for new members. The clergy are certified by certain synods, conventions, etc. They are expected to hold to the orthodoxy of their particular certification board, body etc. All of Jehovah's Witnesses perform the training function. So it is more important what these agents say and do. How do you make sure that 6,000,000 or even a thousand people are teaching the right thing? The Watchtower used to be more flexible and accommodating with "questioning". They can't handle things the same way they did when there were only 100,000 members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit