Did You Feel That Jehovah Blessed or Punished You?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Poppers, you weren't a "good Catholic".

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

• Yes, definately have/had Jehovah's blessing
    • When something bad happened, I screwed up, not Jehovah

Glad he was there when I did screw up though. I've had prayers answered in ways that would make your hair stand on end. They weren't those, "must have been a coinidence" things either, there is no doubt these helps were from the "hand of God".

BP

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

God is a favourtist if he exists. It's just his flavour of the day for his cosmic amusement. There is no rational explanation as to why some really good folks suffer terribly, and evil prospers in many cases.

I try to veiw things in a scientific way, and demand evidence to see otherwise. I do not accept the witness interpretation of why things are the way they are.

If God is the source of good, then good should happen to those who seek it. Instead we have a world full of suffering which makes no distinctions.

You are dealt a hand at birth. You may have been born in Iraq and had your legs blown off or raised in poverty and ignorance in Pakistan. You may have been with money in your foreskin or be the son of a sage. There is no reason for anything.

Truth is not plainly manifest in any way. There is always a 50/50. Maybe maybe not. How amusing.

When God wants to play fair, and communicate clearly, we can talk. Until then, he can lick my stick.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Jehovah always used punishments on me. Especially frustrating the normal sex drive by not allowing the opposite sex to be attracted to me. On top of that, the hounders did everything in their power to make sure I never had any opportunities to meet the "sisters".

They were, on the other hand, hounding me to do ever more in field circus. Perhaps if I pioneered every month--special pioneered, at that. Perhaps if I went to Beth Hell (and, as an apostate I read the Beth Hell handbook online and saw the clause that marriages there needed to go through their administration; if the local hounders were stopping me from finding a mate, I could imagine the hardship the Beth Hell administrators would have put up for me).

And Jehovah was using specious logic that it was a "protection" from doing fornication. What a crock! If Jehovah is going to "protect" me from doing fornication (=protecting Himself from ever seeing me enjoying the opposite sex), then I will just do apostasy. There is no way He is going to be able to do anything about it without making Himself look like the busybody that is meddling in everyone's life just so He could usurp all human value and contribute to another Dark Ages that is worse than the first.

• ush419
    ush419

The questions is Did you feel that Jehovah Blessed or punished you? the answer is yes.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I was in perpetual conflict! All this stuff about rich men and eyes of needles would have me thinking it is good to be on low pay, but then I was busting my ass for my kids and trying to get to meets and being too knackered to study and then being treated like I was weakening whilst my wife leaned on me financially whilst putting KH stuff before family stuff. I tell you I was absolutely burned out for years feeling like I was doing all the pulling and that this was showing my devotion to God whilst feeling treated like some half baked recruit at the KH coz wifey spent all her free time on coffee meets and door knocking and WT crossword puzzles social knitting circles whilst I was in the world juggling my misfit religion and busting my ass. Just shows how much of a theatrical religion it is to elders and their wives. If you wanna shine you gotta work out what makes them smile and ignore all hard graft responsibilities! Simple equation for an easy WT life!

• minimus
    minimus

It's funny how they actually make God look so fickle. If he feels like it, you get a free pass. If not, you're being "tested".

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    It's funny how they actually make God look so fickle

You are right Mini, they and people are still believing what THEY say about Jehovah, YHWH, God or Christ instead of finding out themselves. Maybe we and people in general are more likely to have a nose ring than what they like to think.

Respectfully,abr

• poppers
    poppers
    From minimus: Poppers, you weren't a "good Catholic".

I guess not. Something never felt quite right about the church, or any organized religion. I am glad I am free of it now, but the guilt ran deep. I can see now that all that religion does for the most part is indoctrinate and control. It's amazing what people will swallow, and the fear they have of letting beliefs of all kind drop away.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jehovah punished me when 2 Witnesses knocked on my mothers door in 1971. He blessed me in 2001 when I realized that I didn't want to be in the organisation anymore. If he's out there he will understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit