How many times have you heard this...

by Amber Rose 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Almost every non born-in JW that I know tells the same story of how they found "the Truth". And it goes like this: I didn't know anything about the Bible before becoming a JW. One day Br.&Sis. Pioneer Couple came to my door and I said to myself, I'll show them they're wrong. And I kept inviting them back because I was determined to prove them wrong, but I just couldn't! I couldn't believe that of all religions the JW were actually RIGHT! So I became one too.

Most of these stories were from the 1970's or early 1980's. Surely, there are many people who want to prove the JW's wrong but far fewer are being sucked in. Thank you Internet!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Yep, that was me and my mom starting in 1975 until I finally got assimilated in 1983.

Life would have been so much better if I had the information that is so readily available today.

W

• sosad
    sosad

they were "snookered" by not having any readily available information and now are surprised when their own jw raised children look and find so much negative information about the jw org. I grew up thinking WOW- my parents were willing to question their beliefs and now they have THE TRUTH only to be shocked and dismayed by how easily they were misled and how adamant they are NOT to question their firmly entrenched indoctrination

that I consider their beliefs a cult is concept they will not even discuss let alone rationally discuss - and why it was ok for them to question how they were raised yet not OK for me ("because you have the truth, we didn't") is so blatantly a sign of mind control that it is scary

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...Or this one.."I`ve researched alot of religions and Jehovah`s Witness`s were the ones with the Truth."...???........What an obvious lie!..They researched all these religion but couldn`t be bothered to research the Jehovah`s Witness`s.....Very few JW`s know the history of their religion..Or..What the WBT$ is or has been,involved in...OUTLAW

• dawg
    dawg

That's what happens when students on the university level asks a professor questions... he's more then likely to know three times more but that doesn't make his answer the correct one. The simple fact is, it's not bibical to disfellowshipp members from any faith for questioning the leadership..

• Clam
    Clam
    .."I`ve researched alot of religions and Jehovah`s Witness`s were the ones with the Truth."...???........

Yes that's a great line OUTLAW. In retrospect it's in the same league as "I've tried a lot of other washing powders but Jehovah beats the lot of them" or "I've researched a lot of cat foods, but Jehovah came out tops." They're just cheap slogans, with the added insult of turning the word "truth" into a platitude.

Clam

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

What you never will see in the WT Mag is about those that found the JW and after some escrutiny, saw their crazy stuff and decided to walk away. I have seen several "smart" people running away.

Also, note the people that doesn't have previous solid knowledge of the Bible are an easy catch. But, if you know your Bible you can see the holes in their theories.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose
    Also, note the people that doesn't have previous solid knowledge of the Bible are an easy catch. But, if you know your Bible you can see the holes in their theories.

I know! Right away they admit they had no knowledge, yet they were going to teach someone else. Talk about walking into a battle unprepared!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If there was a god. The internet would be a god sent. It's hard to bullshxt people with all your lies out in the open.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Those rotton wanks tried to disuademe of the things I knew to be true in the bible. They taught me they were full of BS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit