Need Help: How do I get Santa and the Reindeer mounted to the roof???

by Lady Liberty 15 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Really, the first question before you mount anything is if you want a full-body or a head mount. A good taxidermist should be found in your local 'yellow pages'.... check the local home and hardware stores for mounting tips. I'd check your local zoning and building codes before mounting anything on the roof.

NO CHARGE!

~Hill

• DJK
    DJK

A screw in hook or screw in eye on the facial board or below the gutter. Using the right clip on the cable and you can leave the hooks in for next year.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Duct tape everything to the chimney! Actually those brackets look good. The idea of nails (or screws) underneath the pulled back tile is wise, unless your roof is old. The tiles will be brittle and will break especially cold. Do it near your garage eaves if you can. That way you need not be stomping on the roof tile and damaging them.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Wow! Thank you all so very much for your suggestions! I am off to the hardware store!!

Sincerely,

Mrs. Claus...

Oh, I mean

Lady Liberty

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If you mount Santa and the Reindeer to your roof, he wont be able to make his rounds.

I never tried, but in my witness days I used to be a roofer. If you dont want to damage your shingles or roof, I think you have to sink an anchor in your front yard and one in your back yard and tie a line from the front to back through santa to secure him. It could take several lines.

• ush419
    ush419

You get a gay person and a person who likes animals to mount them!!!!! Just kidding folks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit