Need Help: How do I get Santa and the Reindeer mounted to the roof???

by Lady Liberty 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Good morning everyone....

Happy Wednesday!! I have searched high and low on the Internet to try and find out how you get stuff mounted on your roof without it blowing or falling off. For instance, I bought a small Santa with sleigh and the reindeer. They aren't too big but cannot figure out how to get them to stand up on the roof and how do I secure them to the roof?? I don't want to lay it on the roof. I know many of you are new to this too but you may have it all figured out....Please HELP ME if you know how to do it??

Thank you all in advance,

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Scully
    Scully

Don't give him any booze.

Play Sober Santa!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Here is an example of what I am talking about..my display is about the same size. Any suggestions??

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Don't give him any booze.

Play Sober Santa!

Thats funny!!!! LOLOLOLO!!

L.L.

• Scully
    Scully

I think I just got my best score ever on that game: 1020. He was tanked, for sure. LOL

Sorry that I don't have any useful suggestions for you, though. I have a hard enough time getting lights around the eavestrough, and I'm totally not motivated to do any Christmas decorating this year.

• DJK
    DJK

Very thin stainless steel cable. Two lines attached to each fixture and to an eve.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear DKJ,

Thank you....ok..another question for you....how do you attach the cables to the roof. You don't drill holes into the roof do you? Sorry if the answer is obvious..I just am brand new at this..it will be my first year decorating outside!! Yippie!!

Sncerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Look what I found...

A roof bracket

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Roof Brackets
    Roof brackets are available at hardware stores, lumberyards, roofing suppliers and home centers for $5 to $10 each. Buy enough 90-degree brackets (Photo 1) to place one bracket every 4 ft. along the edge of the roof below where you’ll be working. Use brackets designed to hold a 2x6. Larger planks are too hard to step over when you’re getting onto the roof. You’ll want additional rows of brackets and planks about 8 ft. apart across the roof to rest supplies on and provide secure footing.

Buy the best 2x6s you can find. Make sure the knots are small (under 1 in. diameter) and don’t go all the way through the board.

L.L.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi Lady Lib,

What you need what you really realy need is a wall bracket with a large extended arm which is strong enough to hold old Rudolph and the sleigh. You then drill a couple of holes preferably into the gable end of your property at a height which is comfortable enough for you to reach from a ladder. You then fasten the sleigh on to the overhang part of the bracket so that Rudolph's feet just touch the roof. Then fasten the bracket to the gable which presumably has holes in it which line up with the drilled holes in the gable.You might need to buy an ariel pole and fasten a piece of aluminum to that which extends over the roof area.

If the above is a no no try lashing the decoration to the chimney.I don't know if you have life insurance but get some before going up a ladder and doing any roof work.Make a will as well and it would be a good idea to get someone to hold the ladder.

Safest bet is to place Rudolph on the front door step and throw brown balls of putty, which look like reindeer droppings,on to the roof .That will save you from having an accident up there.

I once saw a guy slide all the way off a pitched roof which was frosty , luckily when he landed he only suffered a dislocation.

Don't attempt any of this after an egg nog.

If it's not to early Merry Christmas and have a wonderful time and may God bless us one and all.

Edmond.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit