Hi there!

by breakingfree 44 Replies latest jw friends

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Stay home and come down with something terribly contagious... cough cough hack hack... answer the door with your kleenex and red eyes - the glazed over look... tell them you have allergies to something at the KH. (Deoderant, perfume...) Ask CO if he is wearing deoderant? That oughta do it. Personally, some of the COs are decent and some just have no clue. The one that kicked my friend out of her home after her husband (his father) died - he gave her 1 week to leave, no home to go to, no income - he was not willing to pay a month rent for her after he inherited everything from dad, now that CO takes the cake.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Great to be able to welcome all you newbies, breakingfree, destructogirl and Itooktheredpill.

BF - nice to have another Aussie on the site, I am based in Sydney if you ever need someone to talk to face to face. Your story is very smiliar to what most of us here seem to go through, the emotions and thought process. It is a very arduous to unravel all the indoctrination and overcome the fear and guilt you feel for daring to question "Jehovah's organization". You will reach a point though when you will wonder how you could ever have accepted such an unrealistic belief structure without seeing through all the rhetorical fallacy.

In regards to the CO, just don't let him come around. No need to lie or make excuses, just a "we are happy as things are, please don't contact us again." A sister I know was getting constant pressure for over 3 years from the elders to help her after she faded. They would phone, leave notes and drop in at her door (which she refused to answer). She eventually told them if they contacted her again she would call the police and get a restraining order put on them. They did not d/f her as she never said that she does not believe it. If she had allowed them to come in she would not have contained herself, told them how she feels and very likely have been disfellowshipped.

• penny2
    penny2
    I think you get away with more in Australia

I agree - many Aussies are laid back and relaxed - even many elders. It only takes one in a congregation though to make life hell for everyone else.

• breakingfree
    breakingfree

Well no-one rang he just 'dropped in' and invited me to the meeting. Very friendly, seems much nicer than the last one. Makes me feel bad even though I know I'm right... wondering whether to put in an appearance now... maybe they'll leave me alone if I don't. Hard to tell...

• penny2
    penny2
    wondering whether to put in an appearance now...

I know the feeling because I had that with my family many times. They would be begging me to go and I'd think - just go this once and the pain will be over.

I think it's easier in the long run - when the time is right for you, to make a clean break. Tell yourself you are not going back and then blindly stick to that.

Eventually you'll be thought of as "the couple that used to go to the meetings."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit