Just finished talking to an old JW friend....

by R.F. 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear RF,

That really stinks! Reminds me of a conversation I had with a very dear friend of mine as well. I never heard from her again. Funny thing is I was the really loyal JW, and she was a "slacker". Yet she wouldn't look at anything I had found, but cut me off completely. Strange how they may not be loyal to going to all the meetings, service ,studying etc. yet if the elders say to avoid anyone who questions, they are to be avoided like the plauge and they obey! It sucks I know! Still you gave her alot to think about and be assured everytime they teach one of those subjects she will be reminded of your words.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

My mom-in-law told me she was so upset that I was sad and hurt. I said I didn't know where she got that idea, I've never been happier. Like everyone has said, it has to be something major. Why can't we just leave? My neighbor is 42, she was raised a Baptist. She married a Catholic and became one too, and they are raising their kids as Catholics. They call themselves Cafeteria Catholics, they take what they want or need out of it. But nobody made a big deal about her changing religions, her family has continued on as if nothing changed.

I just really can't understand why it has to be made such a big deal of. It is only a label anyway, being a JW doesn't define what a person is, just what they do.

I feel for ya RF, but way to go for being so honest.

momz

• BIG D
    BIG D

sorry r f

man that is tuff , i know losing lifelong friends, here to , i went to grade school and highschool, with my friends, known them for 40 years, and now its over,

but ask yourself this, are they really my friends?

when you need them the most, they bail, were they ever my friend, or was it conditional, staying in jw,

i feel like they were never really my friends anymore, and i did alot for all of them, i financed a house for a couple of them, and now we are not friends anymore, when they ask for anything now, i say we cant talk, so we cant do ant more business!

big d

• R.F.
    R.F.

Thank you for the replies everyone. They're much needed. I must say that even though I expected it to happen this way, I can't help but feel this inner hurt about the entire thing. She always used to say that she the highest admiration for me and thought I was one of the most wonderful persons she could ever meet. It's so sad how all of that changed simply because I don't believe as she does anymore. As was stated here, i'm really thinking now...."was she ever a real friend after all?"

I wondered if there is any chance of this conversation getting back to the elders and causing trouble for you?

If I thought that she could be a potential fade killer, there's no way I would've discussed this with her, not at this time at least. I met her in another State that's quite a good distance away. She's never even been to my State before. I've given her my address a long time ago but I even wonder if she still has that. Besides, there would be the trouble of her finding out what congregation I attended, so there are alot of hurdles she'd have to leap in order to reveal this to the local elders. Too, she said she didn't feel like I was threatening, I was just informing her. But then again.....crazy things have happened before...........R.F.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

After an accumulation of 30 years of "friends" and discovering that the WTS was NOT "the truth" and never HAD been.....I got ONE email in return to all those I sent my DA letter to with my reasons for leaving.....and I was not that "close" to her but she had an email addy and knew a lot of JWs everywhere.

Those that I considered myself as being close to (including a daughter and other relatives).....never bothered to try and "save me from Satan's clutches". It certainly demonstrated to ME that there WAS "no love" after all.

Their love is shallow, flimsy and is dependent upon following the WTS mindset.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Those that I considered myself as being close to (including a daughter and other relatives).....never bothered to try and "save me from Satan's clutches". It certainly demonstrated to ME that there WAS "no love" after all.

With them it's about being in with them or not at all. Things like this further prove that MANY JWs are looking after their own butts, stepping over any minute thing they think is a "stumbling block" so they can make it to "paradise".

R.F.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

....."Anyone that leaves the JW`s is either Smoking or Fornicating"..Picking NoseClever..LOL!!........Everyone that enters the old system is given a Carton of Cigarettes!.. Smoking 4Smoking 4..And..A Box of Condoms!..Running Away In CirclesRunning Away In CirclesRunning Away In Circles.....Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• dawg
    dawg

Hell yea, Outlaw.... I just waiting for all this fornication to begin, Ican start smoking anytime.

As for the orginal subject... try this whenever talking to a JW, whatever they say, turn it aroud and say it about the FADS.

Like when they say, well, your're going to die at armegeddon, say that's what I'm worried about with you, worshiping the FADS instead of God. ALwyas keep asking them, where does the bible say that questioning the FADS is the same as questioning god, thus making one an apostate and subsequently shunned. Where does the bible say that?

WHen they say that you're fornicationg or smoking, say that your not but that they are in fact committing idolitry... worshipping every word of the slave and not the word of god... repete, the where does it say that I can't question men thing over and over.... don't let them off the hook.

If they bring up dogma, just say that yuo agree with some of what the FADS says, just not all of it.. that you aren't there to question dogma, just that you can't question men.

My cousin said to me the last time we meet, "the aposates just want power"... I laughed and said, no I don't want any of your power, I'm telling you not to believe me just to check the facts yourself... the exact opposite the FADS says to do... and interestingly enought the exact thing the bibnle says to do...

I'm telling you to do what the bible says and the FADS aren't...now who is it that wants your power?

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Momz, its what a cult does. They contol your emotions. Now if a Witness calls on me I offer them a beer if they refuse I say you have just been Judged!

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Ick. Same pat answers from all of them. Funny, Satan has you and not her, they must be pals, otherwise how'd she know?

Sorry about your friend; but she's the one who's gone, not you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit