Thanksgiving menu.....

by ex-nj-jw 24 Replies latest social family

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I want to go to your house with my hubby, the four kids, my parents, and my sister

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I'm having the first ever holiday season with my MOTHER (yeah I know .. shocking to me as well).

My husband and his mother ... me and my mother (4) will be there. I'm cooking. Neither of our mothers can cook. (Don't tell them). Might have a friend or two extra to help with some of the eating !

So here goes:

Cajun Turkey
    Honey baked Ham
    Dressing (yes, people -- DRESSING .. cornbread dressing -- SOOO much better than stuffing)
    Giblet Gravy
    Cranberry Sauce
    Sweet Potato Casserole
    Broccoli Casserole
    Green Beans
    Cranberry Salad
    Rolls
    Cherry Cheesecake Pie
    Italian Creme Cake
    Cream Cheese Brownies
    Sweet Tea!

I'm sure there will be plenty left if you want to come!

Edited to add: All of this will come directly froms scratch. I'll buy the whole cranberry sauce but that's about it!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Dressing (yes, people -- DRESSING .. cornbread dressing -- SOOO much better than stuffing)

Tell the story, morning glory!

Sylvia

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

How about: Frozen Orange Juice Muffin Egg cheese danish Hoagies no name chips shasta cola frozen chocolate pudding yummmmm

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

LOL @ Mrs. Jones

Renee sounds good - I make everything from scratch also. It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without it!

Worldly Andre - You need to come have dinner with me honey, that's no way to spend Thanksgiving

nj

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius
    Cajun Turkey

ok.......... please expound on that....... what do you flavor it with to make it CAJUN

im curious because this will be my first real thanksgiving since being out.......... meaning im going home to family and my aunt is gonna cook it...........

the past couple of years we have went to my wifes caribbean family for thanksgiving........ can you say curry turkey............... was pretty good........... but i need real turkey lol

i think im gonna bring a couple cans of cranberry sauce.......... and my son whom they have never layed eyes upon untill now............. so that will work lol

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

ok must add.............. last year i was gonna do the turkey myself.............. and needed to do it all cheap so i thought damn its just me and the wife so i dont need a entire turkey.............. i bought one of those jenny O like turkey things.................... and things pretty much describes it.......

i thought it was gonna be a nice peice of breast in gravy that i could heat up in my oven.......... was a damn glob of s*** with ooze all over it. all i gotta say is if i didnt make the absolute best mashed potatoes in the known universe........ my wife woulda been seriously pissed at me.

• sweetums
    sweetums

We always get together at my mom's house and the menu consists of:

Cajun injected fried turkey, baked ham, cornbread stuffing, broccoli casserole w/cheese sauce, sweet potato fluff w/ walnut topping, potato salad, whole berry cranberry sauce, dinner rolls, cherry cheesecake, pumpkin pie and last but not least ambrosia salad.

• White Dove
    White Dove

My kids and I are going to a friend's house. There will be 9 of us. My daughter is making the cranberry sauce and I'm bringing cherry pie. We are doing TG on Wed.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

EX-NJ-JW, Sorry thats the JW Thanksgiving menu, ha ha ha mine will be Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, Stuffing, Green been cassarole, Creamed spinach, rolls, Apple and pumkin pie finished off with a cigar and scotch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit