Fresh Collard Greens

Fresh Green Beans

Candied Yams

Baked Mac & Cheese

Stuffing (homemade of course)

Gravy

Homemade rolls

Sweet Potato Pies (6)

7-Up or punch bowl cake (undecided on that one)

So, who has their menu together? What are you planning on and are you having dinner at your house or going to friends or relatives? I know many of JWD'rs don't have their families or extended families to share this day with, but hopefully even if it's only you and your spouse, or spouse and children, or even just friends, all will have something to be thankful for.

Me? I'm thankfull to have a wonderfull husband and healthy children, although I wish my oldest son was with me or at least speaking to me. I have an awesome career, friends as well as extended family (hubby's side). I'm also thankfull to have JWD and all of you that have become my cyber friends Thanks for being here!

So what about you guys?

nj

• BFD
    BFD

What time should I be there ?

BFD

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Unless my options change dramatically, it'll be beers, bowls and munchies with a couple friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Something similar. My grown daughter will be doing the fixins.'

What, no pig tails???

Sylvia

• DJK
    DJK

Add to it, pearl onions and apple pie.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

It's our first Thanksgiving and I am hosting it!

Our menu is about the same, just no collard greens. And will have frog eye salad, Gr Grandma's speciality.

We are going to have about 30. Mostly my hubby's family and my sister and her GF. I just found out today that there will also be a JW couple from Utah who are here visiting my in-laws. This ought to be fun! I wonder if they will come back and help deck the halls? Probably not.

momzcrazy

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    What time should I be there

We will be eating all day, just pop on in!

Pig tails - YUK!!! My dad would love them but he doesn't celebrate the holidays

Pearl onions - I might try them. What would I add them too?

nj

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I didn't see deviled eggs on the menu. Gotta have deviled eggs at Thanksgiving.

Jeff

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I am spending thanksgiving in NY with my big Italian family and the menu will consist of the traditional american food, turkey, stuffing, potatoes, green beans, rolls, plus some Italian fare such as Lasagna, eggplant parmesean, etc. Also my brother's inlaws own a restaurant and they bring all kinds of Italian pastries, breads, etc. So I will probably gain about 5 pounds that day! Lilly

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

My hubby loves Lasanga and is asking me to add it to the menu. I guess one more dish won't hurt

AK-Jeff - I love deviled eggs but I hate to make them. Maybe I can get a guest to bring them, if you're in town feel free to stop by and bring the eggs!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit