Was Jesus raised from the grave in a "fleshly" since or as a spirit?

by babygirl75 19 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Jaguar,

Not true according to the Bible. About the resurrected Jesus as told by Paul;

1 Corinthians 15;

1 Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep.

We see there were at least by this scripture 513 eyewitnesses and Paul states most of them were still alive as of his writing this letter. And he states "more than five hundred", so the number is probably much higher.

Granted Paul himself did not personally "see" Christ but he heard Christ speak to him from heaven, so he knew Jesus was raised from the dead. This supernatural act was the catalyst for Pauls' conversion to Christianity. (Acts 9:1-3) Peace, Lilly

I'm thinking Lilly that you do not know what an eyewitness account is. Everything in the bible about Jesus is hearsay. The men who wrote the Gospels were not the apostles.

Everything that you have posted here appears to be hearsay. Saying that there were 513 eyewitness accounts is not eyewitness testimony. It is hear say testiomony.

Please show me the eyewitness testimony that you base your faith on.

Eye witness testimony would go something like this.

I am named So and So. On the date of x I witnessed these events.

I know there are a lot of bible translations and paraphrases. I am led to believe there are no eye witness testimony of anyone seeing the biblical Jesus. You have not shown me otherwise. You are proving my point that it is all hearsay.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I know what an eyewitness account is and so did Paul. That is why he said their testimony was passed onto him and he passed it along.

You said there were no eyewitnesses and the bible supports this but on the contrary the Bible supports that there were at least 513. And that testimony was given to Paul who although he personally was not an eyewitness, felt the testimony to be sound. Also, since he had the testimony of his own supernatural experience with Christ, he had more reason to believe the testimony of the eyewitnesses. Peace, Lilly

• Honesty
    Honesty

Jaguar, Jesus is more real to people today than when He walked the earth because His Spirit lives in them.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I know what an eyewitness account is and so did Paul. That is why he said their testimony was passed onto him and he passed it along.

You said there were no eyewitnesses and the bible supports this but on the contrary the Bible supports that there were at least 513. And that testimony was given to Paul who although he personally was not an eyewitness, felt the testimony to be sound. Also, since he had the testimony of his own supernatural experience with Christ, he had more reason to believe the testimony of the eyewitnesses. Peace, Lilly

Lilly I am a law enforcement officer in the United States. I take testimony and write reports. A judge will not take he said she said. You do not behave like you know what eye witness testimony is. I cant speak for Paul. A judge would throw what you presented to me out.

If I wrote reports like you present your jesus information. I would have to find another line of work. The Sgts and lieutentants would not stand for it. It would never get to the captains of the Judge.

If you cant see that you are trying to pass off hearsay testimony, youll have to suffer with your delusions.

And if you believe in Jesus and he is real. You shouldnt have to lie and twist the facts. That would turn a thinking person away from your God.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Let me see if I can explain this better.

Paul does not say he is an "eyewitness" to Christ being resurrected but he has heard and accepted the testimony of the 513 who did witness this event. He could Question them as most of them according to his words were still alive at the time he wrote his letter. So you are saying that he should not accept this testimony because it is heresay? It is not heresay if these 513 people DID in fact witness what they claimed to is it? They are called direct witnesses to the event.

Are you saying as a law enforcement person you do not take witness statements? Well, that is what Paul is stating here. He is taking and accepting the eye "witness" statements of the 513 people. That plus his own personal experience of having been spoken to by the raised Christ was enough to convert him to Christianity.

Today, as someone brought out we accept this testimony also, Christians that is, and have proof that it is true because Christ's spirit dwells in us. Hope I explained this better. Lilly

• oompa
    oompa

Jbass: I have never thought of, noticed or heard this before....are you sure there is really not one?.....where did you get that?....oompa

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

http://www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm

Ompa Heres a link for you.

Lovely Lil, You need to suffer with your delusion. Maybe English is not your native tongue and we are loosing something in the translation. Regardless I am not going to spend any more time teaching you my mother tounge.

Go to your local Jr. College and take an English class. Or just be happy with English as your second language.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Babygirl75,

Good question! I find it ironic though I was thinking about this very thing a cuple of days ago! STRANGE! I believe the JWs teach he was raised up as a Spirit.

Yet it doesn't make sence to me because of the scripture that says flesh and blood cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. (Or something to that effect.) Thomas questioned Jesus after he had been raised and Jesus showed him the nail holes in his hands.

Perhaps Jesus body was resurrected and then his spirit left later to the Heavens. Good question. If yo wait a bit I am sure you will recieve tons of thoughts on this.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Jaguar, Jesus is more real to people today than when He walked the earth because His Spirit lives in them.

Honesty,

Yah, and he talks to people like George Bush telling him to bankrupt America and kill countless innocents in his name.

• Gregor
    Gregor

According to the scriptures, didn't he walk or appear through a solid wall and then showed doubting Thomas his hand wounds? And as was pointed out above he had a nice piece of broiled fish with a lemon, caper, butter sauce. So apparently he still had the ability to be transparent or solid flesh and bone.

I recall one of the WTS publications pointing out that those taken to heaven would be spirit creatures otherwise they would require a heavenly privy to do their divine caca in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit