Where does a JW start to research?? It's all LIES

by horrible life 22 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

I came to JWD because I was angry and scared of a person. In my anger, I wanted to scream about my past life as a JW. I landed here. I have read the comments proving that JW's are wrong. I believe. You don't have to prove anything else to me!! No, I don't know scriptures, and couldn't argue it to anybody.

I would have to go to the internet, or tell a person to research. JW's have been told the internet is dangerous, and demonic.

As a JW, If I was told to research, where would I start? I couldn't start here!! All of you apostates! The internet is demonic. Everything that is written are lies.

So where do you tell a good little JW to start their research????

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Ask them to prove the 607 date from any credible historical search.

• blondie
    blondie

Reading the older publications of Russell and Rutherford is eye-opening.....the Proclaimers book prints some of the same material. I never knew they taught that Abraham, Isaac, David (ancient worthies) were to be resurrected in 1925 and rule from Jerusalem until I read Rutherford's writings.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Making an honest evaluation of Watchtower literature, past and present, should be enough. Changes in doctrines and flip flops over the years are a good starting point. See if it's possible to reconcile Watchtower policies to bible principles without jumping through mental hoops. Have their rules "gone beyond what is written"? Pioneeringā„¢, reporting field serviceā„¢, and the no beard policy come to mind. The "identifying mark" of Jesus' followers, love, is not there - that's one of the biggest beefs I heard from active JWs when I was one.

They condemn themselves in their own literature. Everything else is icing on the cake.

W

• sf
    sf

Suggesting they read Ray Franz' Crisis Of Conscience is first.

Then simply giving them keywords to do their OWN search and draw their OWN conclusions.

This site and a host of others WILL pop up.

It's all completely exhaustive reading from there, yet absolutely MANDATORY in gaining "accurate knowledge" of the Fraud known as Watchtower's...Jehovah's Witnesses.

However, it isn't just reading. It is....

studying what you are reading and discovering.

Happy trails!

Then again, many active jws post here and have done so for years. It isn't so taboo any longer, is it really?

sKally

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I would say a good place to start is the Watchtower book entitled "The Finished Mystery". It is full of absurdity.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

So where do you tell a good little JW to start their research????

A good JW can not research. Sheep are some of the stupidest animals. Sheep dont think.

You have to become cunning and sly like a fox.

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

if they just started reading the sources the WTO gets it twisted quotes from, it would be more than enough to wake up.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

My search began at a neutral site, historychannel.com. It had a little blurb on Nebuchadrezzar II. No other 3rd party sources could vouch for the WT's claim of 607, so I dug deeper from there.

• oompa
    oompa

Research what exactly??? A topic or the entire faith? The WT CD is about all they can use, but the Proclaimers book is on it, and it can be a real eye opener as Blondie said.......oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit