Where does a JW start to research?? It's all LIES

by horrible life 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

:So where do you tell a good little JW to start their research????

Well, first you rarely tell a JW or any other true believer anything. As the old sage said, "When the student is ready, the teacher will come."

That being said they are many, many ways to get a thinking (key word here) JW to see how flawed their religion is. It is easiest to do with people who believe their religion is the only one accepted by God and is being directed by God.

Here are a few approaches:

If the Bible can be shown to contain glaring errors and/or false prophecies, then it would naturally follow that any religion who claims to be entirely based on the Bible (a WTS lie) would be false. Thomas Paine used that approach is his classic 1795 essay, The Age of Reason:

http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/thomas_paine/age_of_reason/index.html

The WTS claims that God has always worked through an organization. Ask a dub to prove that using only the Bible. Anyone who has even casually read the Bible know it states that God has always worked through individuals. Were Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, all the OT prophets, and even Jesus "organizations?" Of course not. Nowhere in the Bible does the word "organization" or even an equivalent appear. That fact alone makes the WTS a house of cards.

Ask them to explain why their translation of the Bible says that everlasting life can only be attained by "taking in knowledge" of God, while all others convey the thought of "knowing" God. One can take in knowledge of someone until hell freezes over and yet never personally know someone. Their translation makes it possible for them to claim that unless you keep buying and studying their books, you will die, but how many dubs do you know who really feel that they know and are friends with God? On the contrary, dubs are more afraid of their God than they are of Satan!

People leave the WTS for a variety of reasons. For me, it was doctrine or even false prophecy. It was hypocrisy, gossip, backstabbing, and dishonesty that I found in all the congregations I attended. I've known people who left over the "Generation" change in 1995, the false prophecy regarding 1975, the U.N. NGO scandal, reading Crisis of Conscience, emotional abuse from those in power, guilt trips the WTS imposes, micromanagement of member's lives and a million other things.

Farkel

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

I read all these. Read, understand, make your own mind up.

http://corior.blogspot.com/

• parakeet
    parakeet

Mr. Ben said: "I read all these. Read, understand, make your own mind up.
    http://corior.blogspot.com/"

Way to go, Mr. Ben! Since the mods here saw fit to ban AlanF from this forum, we must now go directly to AlanF's site to benefit from his extensive and damning (to JWs) research. It would be great to still have him here, but it's OK ...... we still have JCanon and others like him to offer us their informed opinions about ..... well, everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit