JWs are "peddlers of the word of God"

by AuldSoul 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Free
    James Free
    I can't see any harm for this group to go around with interesting magazines that direct people to Jesus. Praise the lord.

They don't direct people to Jesus, they direct people to the Governing Body. Yes. I am definitely feeling nauseous...

• fresia
    fresia
    They don't direct people to Jesus, they direct people to the Governing Body. Yes. I am definitely feeling nauseous..

• VM44
    VM44

What were the JWs doing when they were going around selling Judge Rutherford's books?

• Satanus
    Satanus

'direct people to Jesus. Praise the lord.'

Jws never talk like that.

S

• R.F.
    R.F.
    little ol me a gear in it, I never said I was, but I can't see any harm for this group to go around with interesting magazines that direct people to Jesus. Praise the lord.

Directing people to Jesus is something they certainly aren't doing. To be honest, i've NEVER heard a JW even say they are aiding a person to "come to Jesus". It's always about directing a person to the Organization.

R.F.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

They were NOT sent from God. They were NOT under God's view. They ARE NOT in the company of Christ. They just speak. Endlessly.

Seeing as how JWs are under the false impression that they HAVE been sent from God, that they are doing the work of Christ with God's blessing.....they can rationalize everything you have said to suit the WTS agenda.

I cannot recall ONE INSTANCE in my 30 years as a JW, where we were taught to go to people's homes and tell them that Jesus had died for THEM so that ALL could have everlasting life....and that excercising faith IN HIM was what was needed for salvation.

So then what is the "harm" in the WTS message?

It is NOT the message that the first-century disciples heard, accepted, delivered, taught OR believed.

Other than THAT.....

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

They started out as peddlers of the word of God whether or not they remained peddlers of the word of God. I personally believe they are still peddlers of the word of God.

Regardless of whether they are currently, when they started out they were not "adequately qualified for these things", so they were not sent from God, so Jesus wouldn't have chosen them in 1919.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit