But WHY don't they disfellowship bloodtakers ?

by aligot ripounsous 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The WTB&TS used to disfellowship people who received blood transfusions.

The changeover to "self-disfellowshipping" (or 'disassociation") really got a push when in 1997 the government of Bulgaria told the WTB&TS that they would not be allowed to operate freely within Bulgaria's borders because of the policy of disfellowshipping transfusion recipients.

The WTB&TS immediately switched into "lying whore" mode and promised the Bulgarians that they would never do such a thing. the bugarians believed them, much to the distress of the citizens of that country who now look forward to an imaginary eternal life in an imaginary New World.

see: http://www.ajwrb.org/basics/abandon.shtml

• garybuss
    garybuss

The corporation policies of skipping the trial and implementing the shunning practice in cases like military service and blood medical treatment are weasel clauses implemented by weasels and carried out by weasels.

The policies are simply a printing business' personnel rules enforced by their human resources department (called "service department").

The Watch Tower Corporation really is a study in confusion. They do business like a publishing/printing business, they say they are a government, and they look like a political party.

The Witnesses I know kind of celebrate when a Witness dies following their enforced bad advice. They actually have the power of life and death and they seem to enjoy showing that power off. The coldest show off I've ever seen was the Awake! magazine cover that pictured the dead kids who were Watch Tower victims.

• Roddy
    Roddy

In the face of the marked efforts that the WTS is developing in order to placate authorities, the honest JW feels this unthinkable question creep into his mind : is the faithful and discreet slave speaking double speech ?

As the WTS is increasingly run by her lawyers, you can expect more of that double-babble. In the one hand they'll say one thing, then in the other they will allow you to disfellowship yourself voluntarily.

Previously they would have to make you go through the drama of disfellowshipping which any JW would rather die than face -- and some have. This way the WTS can keep her hands clean

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Cause they donn't want to get sued!

• James Free
    James Free

The WT is very deceitful, even dishonest, when the tell governments that they will not disfellowship but then disassociate instead. - The announcement is the sane and the shunning is the same!

Someone in Bethel who invented this scam must have looked very clever to the GB. But it IS dishonest, and cowardly, and reflects the style of their father, to paraphrase the words attributed to Jesus.

• Dagney
    Dagney
    is the faithful and discreet slave speaking double speech ?

When hasn't it?

Actually the blood issue was the first thing that sent me to the internet after a very confusing presentation at a service meeting. They used Powerpoint and we still didn't understand exactly what they wanted us to do; the bro kept saying "remember, we would not use these in 'life saving' instances." Huh? Why wouldn't you?

Then the the QFR came out a few months later stating one would not be DF'd for taking a blood transfusion, but they would be DA'g themselves, I knew something was going on. I found the Blood Reform website and that was the straw.

I agree with Cheetos, every decision revolves around protecting themselves legally. They would never make a policy change to actually help the flock, only to protect the corporation assets.

• oompa
    oompa

Does anyone know for sure if the new DA/DF announcement is made for those who take this course? Or is it more of a "marking" as word gets around? Obviously you could go your whole life and not come across this event in the borg....me anyway.....oompa

• fresia
    fresia

I asked this question many years ago, and was said that someone could have a fusion out of fear, but if someone practices taking blood to keep onself alive or any other reason it becomes a disfellowshiping matter.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Anyone wacky enough to listion to a bunch of mallet heads in NY that tells them if they take blood to save the life of a loved one or them selfs we will shun you, and then gets scared and refrains, deserves to be smacked about the head brow for lack of good sense.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Before this thread is buried into the depths of JWD archives : thanks to you all for your comments, they sure have done their bit as eye openers. Now, the honest JW is left pondering over this 2P rule : for me the principles, for them the policy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit