But WHY don't they disfellowship bloodtakers ?

by aligot ripounsous 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Any JW knows that one of the very bad things that a christian must not do is accepting a blood transfusion. Respect for the sanctity of blood ranks highest, in JW theology, on the scale of Christian standards, along with not being a murderer, an adulterer, a robber, etc. In fact, it is THE identifying feature of JWs for the onlooker.

Under such conditions, anyone would expect unrepentant transgressors of God's command about blood to be unequivocally banished from the congregation as serious wrongdoers in order to keep the congregation undefiled. Instead, we find that the official stand of the WTS in this matter is that transgressors of this blood command are not disfellowshipped. The WTS holds that these people cut themselves off from the congregation on a voluntary basis expressing, in doing so, their will not to be JWs anymore. This attitude was evident when the WTS took steps in order to get JWs officially recognized as a religion in Bulgaria.

We find the same official stand with those who would join the army or would openly take side with a political party.

Interestingly, in these three instances, the WTS takes this stand in matters where it could be in deep trouble with authorities if it did acknowledge openly that it excommunicates people for such acts, since it perfectly knows that in many countries that would mean incurring prosecution and getting its own financial responsibility and its leaders' personal responsibility involved, on the ground of its exercising pressure on people's minds leading to putting lives at risk, rebellion to the army and to the government and unsocial behaviour.

In the face of the marked efforts that the WTS is developing in order to placate authorities, the honest JW feels this unthinkable question creep into his mind : is the faithful and discreet slave speaking double speech ?

Could have been titled : Who really is the harlot who commits fornication with the kings of this world ?

• Zico
    Zico

It's an odd one alright. They disassociate themselves by their actions? Surely someone who commits adultery or 'fornication' should then have disassociated themselves by their actions?

I think with the blood issue members are still given judicial committees anyway, whereas with the army they're not, 'cos in the army, they'd be unavailable for a judicial meeting, which shows how odd the disassociation for blood is, until you realise it's just a simple change in terminology for legal reasons.

• zack
    zack

It's all legalistic double speak aimed at avoiding po$$ible losses, whether of property or legal recognition. It is the same kind of legal double speak they

would condemn their own members for. It betrays the nature of their motivations and their lack of any spirituality. It shows they lack courage, conviction, honesty,

and the blessing from god that they claim exclusivity on.

• garybuss
    garybuss

None of the sanctions, none of the rewards and punishments work without the approval and support of the Witness people and their shadows, the silent compliant faders.

• Spittn4Cash
    Spittn4Cash

this is the exact reason why i stopped attending meetings, the "grey areas". i think its uncalled for anytime elders call a judicial meeting bcuz someone chooses life over death. personally i cant say that someone who is involved with a blood xfusion is as bad as a liar, murderer, or theif... recently a 22yr old sister had a set of twins, 3 days later she died bcuz she refused a blood xfusion. ppl at her hall were saying they couldnt believe "with all the medical advancenents, they still couldnt save her life." thats such a retarded thing to say, bcuz the treatments were available but she refused them. i bet if she knew she wouldnt have been disfellowshipped for it, she would still be alive today. i think she would be able to manage her conscience, it would pay off when her twins take their first steps, say their first words, give their first presentation, get baptized etc... im just sayin that i wish ppl were able to make up their own minds without any outside or inside influence or pressure. i dont see anything wrong with anyone dying for what they believe in as long as it helps them enjoy life to the fullest,be fruitful and become many.

• BFD
    BFD

I didn't know that if one took a blood transfusion one would not be booted for it.

Welcome, spittn. The world is not black and white.

BFD

• marmot
    marmot

BFD - you'll be booted alright, only it will be because you "chose to longer be one of Jehovah's Witnesses" and not because you were put on front of a committee. It's just a technicality but the result is the same in that you would be shunned.

• BFD
    BFD

So the WT$ calls stalemate but the followers in the congregation shun anyway. That's where I see the responsibility of the individual witnesses. At the congregational level. These brothers and sisters are responsible for their own behavior on personal level.

It's sad.

BFD

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Aligot

Thank you for this thread.

I can't believe I have only just realised what is going on here.

They are sneaky b@£$%!ds. So you don't get disfellowshipped for taking a blood transfusion, but you disassociate yourself by your actions BUT THE ANNOUNCEMENT IS STILL THE SAME - and all because the 'mother' doesn't want to get taken to court and sued for trampling on people's human rights.

Absolutely despicable. Get me a bucket.....

It is so sad that so many honest sincere people are being fooled by this contemptible organisation.

More people need to take an open stand against them.

Please?

• besty
    besty

And then you get into the whole misuse of disfellowshipping issue...

The wrondoer in Corinth had his sin laid out for the individual congregation members to decide whether to limit their association with him, or not.

Nowadays the collective conscience has been subcontracted to Brooklyn and their local lackeys.

They will decide for you, and announce their decision so you 'know what to do' - like my Mum shunning me based on the decision of four men four hundred miles away whom she has never met.

Sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit