Help! I have a Xmas tree in my house!

by momzcrazy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleur
    Fleur

Congratulations!!! That is such a special moment.

Enjoy every second of it.

hugs

essie

• justhuman
    justhuman

my god...we have idolaters in this forum

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Is it OK to put a tree up this early? Not having celebrated christmas for 30 years I dont know what the rules are (as I keep reminding my partner - every time I make a holiday faux pas).

I cant wait to put my tree up, they look so pretty dont they?

I already have some wrapped pressies on the floor where the tree will go!

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Congratulations! I love putting the tree up every year. I love the real ones because I love the smell it brings to the house. It looks *and* smells Christmassy (is that a word?) that way. My favorite ornaments are ones my nieces and nephews have made for me. I highly recommend you do this with your kids... it's a fun Christmas project, adds to your tree, gives you memories to put up every year for the rest of your life, and they can make ornaments for anyone else in your life who celebrates that you guys care about, too.

Most of all just have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful first Christmas!

I'm listening to Christmas music as we speak. I love the Trans-Siberian Orchestra!

Jackie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

This will be our fourth Xmas [I think].

You have encouraged me to begin getting the stuff out and the tree up sooooooooon.

BTW - I jumped in pretty much with both feet too - acclimation to the water is far easier that way. LOL So far - not one damned demon has bothered me either. Well, except the elders who forced me to DA last year.

Jeff

• noni1974
    noni1974

I can't wait to put mine up.It goes up next week.

Oh crap it goes up next week.I have to clean my house.

• TheSilence
  • noni1974
    noni1974

I just thought of omething.Since I got a new kitten and it will be his first year with a tree I know I'm going to have to pull his little a$$ out of the tree.I hope he doesn't kill my ornaments.

• Mary
    Mary
    I'm going to decorate it with the few things I have and take the kids picture in front of it, for our CHRISTMAS CARD!

Yer gonna burn baby!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I can't wait. We will put ours up after Thanksgiving. I already am burning the candle that smells like a Christmas tree. 50 years without Christmas and I am like a 6 year old. When I was little, my mother had a Christmas village under the tree, that I loved, so I've been gradually buying a Victorian village for us. She told me that she made it (assembled it, actually) and it was cardboard. I thought it was beautiful, but I was 4 on our last Christmas, so the memory was that of a child.

I know what you mean about feeling funny about it at first. It took us awhile to get comfortable, and we put the tree in a corner in the living room where it couldn't be seen from the street. Last year it was in the front window. This will be our 5th year with a big tree.

Watch little ones with the ornaments too. One of my little grandsons (age 2), tried to take a bite out of a glass ornament that looked like candy. Lesson learned. And, yes, cats can be a problem. Rachel's cat climbed the tree and almost knocked the whole thing down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit