For all you PETROL & GAS whiners. Stop complaining that it's too expensive!

by nicolaou 73 Replies latest social current

• one
    one

I am almost sure petro-china and exxom are the two biggest co in the world, GE [also related to anergy somehow] may be next, /// as far as i remember, a couple of years ago the biggest 3 were microsoft, ge and cisco

• Highlander
    Highlander
    There is not one car sold in America that gets 35mpg in the city. Not one. What car are you talking about? My car gets one of the best milages: 24 city 34 highway.

Prius does above 40 in the city. Honda Civic Hybrid does around 40. Any Volkswagen cars with a diesel engine will exceed 35. Keep in mind I gave low estimates for the mileage on the above listed vehicles. I have driven many miles on a prius getting close to 50 real MPGs. Some motorcycles will easily exceed 50 mpg. There are other efficient vehicles out there. You just have to look.

• one
    one

"There is not one car sold in America that gets 35mpg in the city. " /// check suzuki and cooper, they should not be far from it, AND sure will do better mpg if you dont drive as most people do, I just can't beleive how people drive... dont forget diesel fuel vehicles, even better mpg.

• one
    one

highlander [sp?], my favorite hybrid vehicle so far is the toyota highlander [sp?], not the prius btw prius is kind of expensive compare to a suzuki, but i am sure I could get a hell of a mileage from it, 1- by preventing the gas engine to come online, except when i command it to do it 2- by going around with a long power cord... you can modify any hybrid vehicle to [EASILY AND SAFELY] recharge from any ac outlet. I beleive is standard feature now on some hybrids. Prior to that hybrid manufactures did not want to upset the oil companies AND the electric power companies.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    not really, just replace your 15mpg car for cheaper, smaller 35mpg car, like european drive,

Oh sure, you can get a little egg that sips gas. You could get a hybrid.

Yesterday, at an intersection not far from my job, a Honda Insight got T-boned by a truck. The truck driver was okay. The guy in the Insight was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.

This is America.

You drive a tank, or get smashed by those who do.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Bad argument sirnose. Any vehicle that gets tboned will subject its occupants to injuries.

• one
    one

sirnose586, whatever that means 1- did you mention a "truck" ?, just about any vehicle will loose against a "truck" 1.1 - how many times have you had a "truck" accident? 2- most accidents can be prevented, defensive driving 3 - I beleive in probabilities, so never buy insurance for just about anything not required by law, never a regret so far. Just make sure what you would be paying for insurance is saved, just in case... if nothing happens, you gain. I dont even beleive in SS. 4 - for the above stated reasons, or lets say because of your reasoning, IF I were you I would move the hell out of california... you know why, dont you?

• Mary
    Mary
    BrentR said: Alot of people that bad mouth "big oil" are profiting from them and may not even know it. Look at your mutual funds and see what companies they are invested with. I have never had a mutual fund that did not have at least dozen oil companies listed.

You're right---In one of my RRSP investments, I've got it in balanced funds and one of the things that it's invested in is oil & gas. I made 20% interest last year. However, I would far prefer to make less on my investments and have the price of oil at a reasonable price. What I'm making on my funds in no way supercedes what I'm now spending on gas each month.

just replace your 15mpg car for cheaper, smaller 35mpg car, like european drive

I'd like to get one of those Smart Cars. I know a guy who works about 30 miles from his home----about the same as I do, and he's got one of them. I just about cried when he told me that even with gas prices up to what they are, he only spends about $10.00 a week on gas. I probably spend $70.00.My family doesn't want me to get one though.....they figure if I get smucked, the whole car will cave in. I don't think it will----they're made pretty sturdy from what I understand. Although I don't relish the thought of driving on Hwy 401 with a tractor-trailor beside me......

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

The real expense . . .

• 5go
    5go
    sirnose586, whatever that means 1- did you mention a "truck" ?, just about any vehicle will loose against a "truck" 1.1 - how many times have you had a "truck" accident? 2- most accidents can be prevented, defensive driving 3 - I beleive in probabilities, so never buy insurance for just about anything not required by law, never a regret so far. Just make sure what you would be paying for insurance is saved, just in case... if nothing happens, you gain. I dont even beleive in SS. 4 - for the above stated reasons, or lets say because of your reasoning, IF I were you I would move the hell out of california... you know why, dont you?

Your more likely to die in a single car insident which SUV's are famous for being in. The main one in particular being a roll over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit