For all you PETROL & GAS whiners. Stop complaining that it's too expensive!

by nicolaou 73 Replies latest social current

• Mary
    Mary
    Money does not disapear, it only changes hands.

You're right. It goes from our hand, into the pockets of already-filthy-rich oil barons and their cronies. I have no problem with anyone making an excellent living. I do, however, have a major problem when they take a comodity that virutally everyone needs on a daily basis, and cut back on production, for the sole purpose of putting the screws to us financially.

• BIG D
    BIG D

you go mary.............

big d

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Exxon Made Record Profits in 2005

Exxon Lee Raymond's retirement package -- worth nearly $400 million -- is one of the largest in history. (ABC News)

• one
    one

name the biggest [$$$] 3 companies in the world...

• one
    one

there is not even the need to go electric for the time being just fill your tank with water, make sure you already know what to add to the tank to produce a chemical reaction to get the hydrogen separated from the oxygen (H2O you know), sodium, potassium, boron? heck even alagae plants do it, naturally, why can't we? what fuel do you think NASA have been using for decades?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Exxon is a publicly traded company. If you want to share profits, it's pretty simple. Buy stock.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Nicolaou, I know you're getting alot of flack over this. Just please understand that over here in California, everyday is Manifest Destiny.

Wide open spaces.

Long-ass journeys. Going to and from school logs about 100 miles on my car, and that's only two days per week.

Unless your work, groceries, and entertainment are within a 1-mile radius of your house, you CANNOT get around without a car in socal. Period. Get rid of your car, and you get rid of your life. Public transportation sucks here.

If gas shot up to $7 a gallon, we'd be screwed. I know of several people who wouldn't be able to drive if gas cost that much.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I decided five years ago to buy some oil company assets to hedge against high oil/gas prices. You can't beat them but you can make money by joining them. I was able to get into a startup domestic oil/natural gas company for $5 a share. In five years I have tripled my initial investment.

I do not consider my wife's grandmother or myself as "filthy rich oil barons", we are both just middle class people that own a very small share of oil companies and profit from high oil prices. Anyone can buy into the three largest oil companies and get a chunk of the profits.

Alot of people that bad mouth "big oil" are profiting from them and may not even know it. Look at your mutual funds and see what companies they are invested with. I have never had a mutual fund that did not have at least dozen oil companies listed.

• one
    one

"If gas shot up to $7 a gallon, we'd be screwed. I know of several people who wouldn't be able to drive if gas cost that much." not really, just replace your 15mpg car for cheaper, smaller 35mpg car, like european drive, but again usa oil companies wont profit at all by doing that, at this time..., besides they dont want alternative fuels to find an excuse to be attractive, they would rather hope the consumer get used to the pain, slowly forcing consumers to spend less on other non essencial stuff and more on gas they back off when consumer cry out loud.due to pain [$] but just wait...

• White Dove
    White Dove

There is not one car sold in America that gets 35mpg in the city. Not one. What car are you talking about? My car gets one of the best milages: 24 city 34 highway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit