Went off outside walmart.

by dogon 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the forum!

I have to ask, did you base your name on the Dogon Tribe? I'm researching them right now, fascinating study!

• Maddie
    Maddie

Dogon - I sometimes feel anger bubbling up inside me when I think of all the harm that cult does to people and it will probably blow it's top like a volcano one day. I think the way to look at it is that it may indirectly shake the young man you vented at out of his apathy and save him many years of heartache. So don't feel bad

Maddie

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

With you......

V

• justhuman
    justhuman

Actually I feel the same...but I would like to blow their headquarters...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope they do read the Internet and find all those apostate Web sites and read them. Somehow, I doubt they are going to obey your directive to hit the Internet because they feel a higher obligation to obey Mother, who says to stay off those sites.

The last time I came out of Wal-Mart, I had a bag full of tinsel garland and Christmas lights. I know no hounders saw me (it was in mid-morning, and people are generally out in field circus that time of day around here). If they would have tried anything, I would have merely mentioned Luke 2:10-14 as being a celebration of Christ's birth in heaven, and I don't recall anyone getting disfellowshipped or beheaded in that account. Were they in the store, I might have picked up even more garland and Santa Claus ornaments just to spite them, and then not showed up at my judicial hearing. The lengths they are willing to go through to get one person back into that organization's training.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I generally piss them off with letters in the local rag, and painful non-shunning policy.

But, your way works too.

Jeff

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

They started coming by the house. My hubby has never been a JW and wasn't married to me when I was in, so I had my hubby talk to them and try to get the new JW only rag out of them. They gave him all kind of other junk, but finally came by with an elder and said the only way he can get that particular rag is to go to the KH for a meeting.

Yeah, like THAT is going to happen.

Anyway, now we can let them go. We will write to them and tell them not to come back and why.

The whole time we were pulling this off, I would feel anxious and nervous and mad and angry. You name it. Every time they came by. I am almost glad they wouldn't be talked into parting with their stupid rag. That means I don't have to deal with them anymore.

And someone posted the thing on the internet anyway. Thank GOD! Now I don't have to deal with these emotions because these "people" are on my porch talking to my husband while I hide inside so they won't know me.

sacrebleu

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Well done Dogon I see 2 positives occurred there 1. you vented off some steam which was justifiable given the length and involvement in

the religion !

2. you torn the blinders off the guy for a couple of seconds and hopefully introduced some rational thought into him

If he does take up your suggestion and do some personal research he may give it up and thank you some day.......who knows

Maybe he might awake and see that he's involved in a corrupt business and not a true religion !

Your a brave fellow and a cool potato, so pat yourself on the back

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Well, the cult of Walmart is almost as bad! Seriously though, I'm with ya. Now I just walk away knowing they are selfcontained units of despair unaware of how to accept their true feelings about the hampster wheel they inhabit, meeting, meeting, meeting, emptiness. You're free, enjoy... Sorry about the scars, I've got mine too. ...and oh, welcome! W.Once

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

dogon: you did the right thing. Trust me that jw learned more from you in 3 minutes than in 20 years. He will not forget. john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit