Associated Jehovahs Witnesses for Reform on Blood

by LtCmd.Lore 28 Replies latest jw friends

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

http://www.ajwrb.org/

Anyone heard of this group before?

I just heard about them today on an episode of The Skeptics Guide to the Universe. (The episode was talking about the dangers of paranormal beliefs, and used the example of a JW mother who died because of her beliefs.) http://media.libsyn.com/media/skepticsguide/skepticast2007-11-07.mp3

Just thought you guys might be interested in it.\

Who are we?

The Associated Jehovah's Witnesses for Reform on Blood is a diverse group of Witnesses from many countries. Some members are presently serving as elders and Hospital Liaison Committee members or have previously served in that capacity. Additionally, other members are from the medical field or have friends or relatives who are Witnesses. All have volunteered their time and energies in an effort to bring about an end to a tragic and misguided policy that has claimed thousands of lives, many of them children.

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Yes, I love their website. They have excellent info on the blood issue, something near and dear to me.

Thanks for sharing it though, for those that aren't familiar with them.

momzcrazy

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Yeah, I've heard about them, and I've visited their website once or twice before, but I haven't really studied them in depth. The stupidity of the JWs ban on blood transfusions is pretty apparent to me now, so I haven't had much of a desire to really study the issue in depth.

• llbh
    llbh

Ta LCL bookmarked for future ref

llbh

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

No never heard of them.

So they are a bunch of current JW's who want to change the no blood policy, is that correct? Dont they all run the risk of being df'ed?

I will follow the link and try to find out more, thanks.

• Clam
    Clam

Yes this site has been around for a long time and is very good for research purposes. AK Jeff plugged them in his letter to the press yesterday - http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/146350/1.ashx How much influence they've had, I'd love to know, but all the best to them in what they're trying to do, ie save lives.

Clam

• carla
    carla

I would have thought all you guys already knew about them. When exiting the borg wouldn't that be one of your first thoughts? 'hmm, wonder if they got this blood thing right? my life might depend on it'. But then I suppose you have such daily things to think of like losing your families that it would be an afterthought unless an emergency came up. I hope you all have destroyed your blood cards!

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

Its a great site.

One of the first sites I visited on my escape.

I think it is run by "Lee Elder" who posts on here.

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

that site has been around for years and helped me a lot, when i started researching my doubts. one graph that pretty much opened my eyes on how idiotic the whole blood issue is, is the one showing that JW may now accept almost 100% of blood.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Hope they will managed to change the "WT law" regarding the blood issue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit