Told my Wife WTS tactics were evil

by zack 21 Replies latest jw friends

• choosing life
    choosing life

Yep, it's all about power. They say you can walk away, but ten years later they try to do you damage. Telling your wife might make her start to think a little. Sure hope so.

It's strange where I live. There are a couple of 20 something girls who left and call it a cult. They openly do anything they want. Their parents are good friends with the elders and nothing ever happens to them. If I put up Christmas lights, I'm sure they would start beating the shunning drums in a hurry.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    been inactive for almost a decade. This week they were disfellowshipped because someone had seen Christmas decorations on their home LAST YEAR! a decade they have been gone and the elders track them down and disfellowship them. Their reasoning? They are both prominent in the community

Im gutted! Ive been inactive for almost a decade and I put up Christmas decorations and NO-ONE has tried to disfellowship me! It must be because I am such a snivelling nobody I dont hit the richter scale.

Damn!

• steve2
    steve2

Im gutted! Ive been inactive for almost a decade and I put up Christmas decorations and NO-ONE has tried to disfellowship me! It must be because I am such a snivelling nobody I dont hit the richter scale.

Damn!

Well said katiekitten. There's a kind of crazy-like inconsistency among elders at times that eludes reason and common-sence. Sometimes they hit you with a sledgehammer for daring to put a tuft of pagan holly on an inside doorway (out of view of all but the nosiest visitors), other times you could protest outside a kingdom hall with a huge hard-hitting poster and they yawn in your face. Still, the inconsistency's all part of it. What else do can we expect when brain cells and elders are such strangers to each other?

• Open mind
    Open mind

So sad. It's either live a lie or usually, at a minimum, this will happen:

Our relationship cooled a bit after that and we arrived at a don't ask/don't tell kind of policy.

Do you have any hope of your wife ever beginning to see the WT through anything less than rose colored glasses?

Open Mind

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

My ex-wife was turned in for having christmas decorations in her window too... After two elders paid her a visit, as an act of "love" and "concern", we decided to DA ourselves in stead, thus saving their precious time.

We had been inactive for 4,5 years when that happened. Practical implications: only allowed to see my sisters at funerals, able to negotiate to see my parents when children are visiting... Fortunately for them, I am neither bitter nor scornful.... I have noe bad sentiments towards JWs as individuals either, but I do not place the Watchtower organization on my top five list.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    WTF going after a family who has been away for 10 years?

WTF is right!?!?!

That's insane!

I hope she follows you out, zack.

If she doesn't, it's gonna suck.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

s*** thats to good of an opportunity to pass up yall...........

id go to the ()*&^^ hall this year and the last meeting before christmas i would put damn lights all over that *&$%^& ^&**()

you know who would get the damn blame lol

• justhuman
    justhuman

WT is discusting cult...I lost my family my kids because of this cult...because i told them I could no longer believe in your Organization...

I hate them...

• Mary
    Mary
    This week they were disfellowshipped because someone had seen Christmas decorations on their home LAST YEAR! a decade they have been gone and the elders track them down and disfellowship them. Their reasoning? They are both prominent in the community and as such the congregation could not tolerate their "blatant" display of paganism.

Wow....isn't it wonderful how the Society is so firm in their stand agains pagan decorations like Christmas lights?! Ever since Jesus appointed them as the F&DS Class in 1918 or 1919, they have shown the world how morally upright they are and how they shed all their pagan practices-----unlike Christendom.

Maybe you should show this picture to your wife. Seems like God's Chosen One's were still celebrating this pagan holiday, complete with decorations, eight years after they tell everyone that Jesus chose them because they didn't practice the same things that the churches did:

BethelChristmas-1.png picture by sam3217

If these people that got DF'd are "prominent" in the community, maybe they could use their influence and get an article in the local paper telling them what's happened. Hell, they could even use the picture above to show what hypocrites the Witnesses are.

Might put a bit of a damper on the locals.......From a 'worldly' point of view, it is unimaginable that any group claiming to be Chrisitian, would excommunicate two people who haven't attended in over 10 years, simply for displaying Christmas decorations.

• steve2
    steve2

What a sadly evocative photograph. I can't help but think, What a bunch of obedient suckers! A roomful of people who genuinely believed they had the truth and that "millions now living will never die".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit