Quips and Quotes

by Frenchy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hello, Simon, Waiting. It's great to see you guys again.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

A few of my favorites.........

"Let us live so when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass."
    Maya Angelou

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to pick the one I never tried before. "
    Mae West

"I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without."

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

two more..........sorry about the first one guys

"I love the male body, it's better designed than the male mind."
    Andrea Newman

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

"I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without."

• Seven
    Seven

{{{Frenchy}}} Welcoming you back with a short Zen story:

K'ang 14

As told by Jerry M. Pickard

With the last of his herb garden picked and bundled, K’ang allowed himself to stretch, sigh, and start back toward his dwelling, his
    cat Mahica trailing first behind, then underfoot in the inscrutable way of cats.

“Boy, will you take these herbs and medicines below tomorrow?” A little anguished, the boy nodded. He said to K’ang, “must I,
    Istva?”

“I thought you liked to go to the village and visit and trade, Boy, Am I wrong?”

“Teacher, from you I look at people with different eyes, now. I know they know things, but they bang and clatter in their ways,
    and talk much, but say little. I become confused!”

“Listen to them, boy!” K’ang stood as tall as his bent body would allow, all his years as a grower of plants had hardened his hands
    into twigs and his bones into brittle things, just to be a frame for his age.

“Within them is grace, and compassion, skill, art, and knowledge. Often, though, in their ideas, they seem to think that the way to
    clear muddy water is to stir it, and then peer into it for answers. My way is to let it settle slowly, and do nothing. In both ways
    there are answers.”

• teejay
    teejay

Row, row, row your boat
    gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily.
    Life is but a dream.

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Seven,

they seem to think that the way to clear muddy water is to stir it, and then peer into it for answers. My way is to let it settle slowly, and do nothing. In both ways there are answers.”

Would seem true, answers can be gotten both ways. But when muddy water is stirred, peering into it until cleared might take a long time, and a lot of mud flowing in the meantime.

But to allow the muddy water to remain still, settle slowly, and do nothing, will get the same answers - only so much more gracefully.

Thanks for the "zen" story. Good for a Sunday - rather like football?

waiting

• Francois
    Francois

After 18 years of education, I can say that the most important course I took in all those years, the one that has the most impact today, the one I still use and couldn't do without is:

typing.

Frank

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

"It's not easy being green."--Kermit the Frog.

"Mercy."--Elvis Presley.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Check out this typical Jehovah's Witness at:
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Yee Haw!!

Solvin' problems is like throwin' cattle!

Dig your heels in the big ones and catch the little ones 'round the neck!!

And ...Remember, even a kick in the caboose is a step forward!

minds are like parachutes--they only function when open.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Thanks, Seven. It's great to see you. (The knight wants me to convey his greetings as well!)

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit