A Jewish President?

by nvrgnbk 51 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I want to thank a Christian for the A Mormon President? thread that inspired this one.

So, what do you think?

What would you think about a Jewish Prez?

Wiccan?

Atheist?

Keep in mind, the current President of the United States of America thinks God talks to him.

We all see how well that's been working out.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

At least we would laugh for the right reasons.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well of course Lieberman was Gor's running mate in 2000 -so you would have had a Jewish VP. Henry Kissinger was Sec of State for Nixon and he is Jewish.

My boss said he did not think Middle America was quite ready for a Jewish president just yet

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

A Wiccan could be good because they tend to 'live and let live'

Atheists can be almost as fanatical at pushing their beliefs (non-beliefs?) as any of the other major religions imho

but then I don't live in the US so my view prolly won't count!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Atheists can be almost as fanatical at pushing their beliefs (non-beliefs?) as any of the other major religions imho

Listen here, you...

LOL!

An atheist Prresident would just be a true secularist. He/she wouldn't be saying I have faith God will "this" or God will "that". He/she would seek real-world solutions to real-world problems.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I would guess Reynolds Wrap will start charging $10 a roll once the demand for tinfoil goes up as the internet is glutted with even more websites about the Joos lizard overlords Masons Zionists in control of everything.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Truly if a President takes his Oath Of Office seriosuly, relgion shouldn't be a consideration. His oath is to uphold the constitution of the United States and defend America. That's it.

That being said, there are waaaay too many religious groups who seek to elect a candidate based on religios beleifs. Personally, I don't give a crap what religion the President is, just as long as he doesn't expect me to adhere to his beliefs like they were the law of the land. Here in the South, too many relgious groups control things that they should not have a hand in. For instance, rules regarding the availability of alcohol, rules regarding acceptable sexual conduct between people (even if they're married), etc.

Personally, if we had a Jewish president the only thing I'd want to know is where does he get his bagels so I can get some too!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Personally, if we had a Jewish president the only thing I'd want to know is where does he get his bagels so I can get some too!

That and maybe the promise of a bagel in every tummy!

My only thought about a Jewish President is would he/she control the people's money (our hard earned tax dollars!) as tightly as he/she controls his/her purse strings? If so yay!

I've worked for way too may Jewish employers, sigh.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

How about a president elected by the American people? Not an electorial college.

• karvel
    karvel

no jews! unless they're not zionists...then it's fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit