What Relgion Would You like to Be After Being a JW?

by freyd 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freyd
    freyd

Mormon Underwear

Welcome to MormonUnderwear.com. This is an informational site to about mormon underwear (mormon garments), what it is, and why mormon's wear it. There are many sites on the internet about mormon underwear that have incorrect information. This site is set up to give real explanations and answer the real questions that you have.
    Main Menu

* About Mormon Underwear
    * Common misconceptions about garments
    * Mormon dress standards
    * Overview of Mormonism
    * Mormon missionaries
    * Mormon websites

Frequently Asked Questions

All the things you wanted to know about mormon underwear (but were afraid to ask)

* What is so secret about mormon underwear?
    * What other religions have special clothing?
    * Where do mormon garments come from?
    * When do mormon start wearing garments?

The terms "underwear" or "undergarments" are routinely used in the garment industry, and retailers have entire departments and stores that sell these items. To most people, undergarments or underwear are thought of only as another article of clothing. However, if you mention the word "garments" to your mormon friend or neighbor, you'll get an entirely different reaction.

To millions of Mormons around the world, garments are a special piece of clothing worn as a symbolic gesture of the promises that they have made to God. The garment is always worn under other clothing, next to the skin. For most people who wear it, the garment takes the place of regular underwear. (For this reason, some people refer to the garment as Mormon undergarments or as Mormon underwear. Most LDS shy away from such terms, preferring the simpler garment term, instead.)

The garment is directly related to Mormon temples. It is there that faithful members first receive the garment after individual instruction on how it should be worn and cared for. The garment is worn as part of a special ceremony called the temple endowment. The garment is worn at all times (day and night) by members as a constant reminder of the promises they have made to God in the Temple.
    Religious Clothing

Mormons are not unique in the wearing of special clothing for religious purposes. Perhaps the most well-known example is the yarmulke, which is worn at special times by many Jewish men or at all times by devout orthodox Jews. Similarly, in some religions a minister or priest will wear a special collar that has religious significance, or nuns may wear special clothing that signifies the religious order to which they belong. In all cases the special clothing reflects the religious conviction of the wearer.

There is also a historical precedent for wearing religious clothing. In fact, Adam and Eve wore clothing that was made for them by God before they left the Garden of Eden. Genesis 3:21 states that “unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.” Mormons believe that such clothing was provided as part of the religious instruction provided to Adam and Eve by God. This is the same context in which Mormons receive the garment—as part of the religious instruction contained within the temple endowment.

Other religious figures throughout history have also worn special clothing as they performed their religious duties. For instance, Moses was commanded by the Lord (as recorded in Exodus 28:1-3) to place holy garments and priestly vestments upon Aaron and others in preparation for officiating in the tabernacle.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Is this for real? Never heard of it. Or did you just invent this, freyd?

Jeff

• justhuman
    justhuman

Christian

• eclipse
    eclipse

LOL, for reals?

And we thought JW's were ''devoted''...

I did not want to be part of any religion, I detest the concept.

Spirituality is too personal to be told how and what to believe by other men.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

It's for real. They usually get garments when they get married in the temple. The bottom part is fairly long, so in Utah it is very difficult to find shorts and skirts that go above the knee.The tops are like tank tops.

Besides bathing garments are worn at all times.

momzcrazy

• solidergirl
    solidergirl

Just a regular christian if i get married I guess ill go with whatever the flow is as long as its not an extreme religion or an judgemental one.

• RR
    RR

A True Christian, to which I strive and fail miserably

• anewme
    anewme

I do not feel I need religion to be a believer and a faithful worshiper of the creator.

I am back to being a daughter and creation of God.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

No organized religion for me.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

NO organized religion just a simple follower of Christ and and God,

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit